Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

Just a bonus for me. I’m getting one for the coffee.

1 Like

Horsham Coffee have 15% off still with code Blackfriday15 if you spend over £20. They have a Geisha still in stock so easy to hit the £20 :laughing:

2 Likes

I may buy this for the name alone…

Arspic Electric Gooseneck Kettle Pour Over Kettle for Coffee and Tea, Variable Temperature Kettle with 5 Temperature Control Presets, Stainless Steel, Keep Warm Function, 0.8L https://amzn.eu/d/i9UAiOU

4 Likes

Has it in nice big letters too

Yes

I will say that my experience of a kettle that only had 5 degree variations in temperature selection was some frustration, so beware of that. YMMV

1 Like

Shit just got very serious :scream:

1 Like

Have ordered a bag of this:

1 Like

Looks great. There seems to be loads of Ethiopian coffees this year. Not sure but i think some legislation may have changed there that may have affected export

1 Like

Was looking at various sites and that one mentioned tea florals so I bought it! Sounds like the type of thing I want to try anyway.

Want to profit from my stupidity? Bought size 1 filters by mistake.

Shout up if you want them and I’ll post them out to you gratis.

2 Likes

Happy to take a back seat if anyone else can use them, but I did exactly the same thing a while back and it turns out that both SiL use size 1.

One of them muttered something about an “elephant’s condom” but I decided not to pursue the matter further.

3 Likes

Slide into my DMs with your address, Guy :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you.

I’ve WhatsApped both of them to check they haven’t changed their minds in the last six months - will DM you once I’ve had the nod from one of them.

1 Like

I take it not all V60 devices are created equal? I’ve just seen mine says Hario 02… presume that’s what size I’ve got then. Does one subconsciously choose the size that matches one’s manhood?

2 Likes

I ordered size 01 as well, they’re ok as long as you don’t swirl too much!

Maybe of interest to someone.

In today’s Covfaffe Fail of the Day, I opened a new packet of beans with a slightly delicate flavour and while it was brewing, absentmindedly started a packed of Doritos chili flavour. I’ve now obliterated my tastebuds and can’t taste any of the coffee :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I use size 01 all the time
Perfect for a single cup.
I also have 01 and 02 plastic V60
I believe there are at least 3 sizes of Hario filters

1 Like