Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

Ooooh, yes!

Just got to shove 2kg of beans through to season it now.

Thatll be over the weekend.

First shot from it is very promising.
Compared to the Niche, more flavour notes and a much smoother shot. Slightly less body but im happy with that as a teade off for flavour.

1 Like

Pretty much what you’d expect going from conicals to flats

Yep.
Definitely a good upgrade over the Niche (which i never really liked).

Will see how this Sculptor 078s goes. If it’s not great then I’ll move it on and get a P64

2 Likes

Be interested in your findings

finally got the Kalita filters to try out the Simplify. it’s 15g of coffee with 230g water poured within 30 seconds and straight down the middle. Lots of coffee hangs to walls of the filter and it starts to flow quickly then slows down at the end. The filter barely touches the brewer and it has small plastic feet so there is a gap between the cup and filter so plenty of air can get round.

Very full bodied and more intensity then the V60 although maybe lacking some of the subtlety. very nice.

6 Likes

This seems good value, although not exactly pretty

Getting there slowly…

There is always something! Yesterday’s efforts were more symetrical and defined but I started the bulbous bit too close to the jug. Today’s is ill defined and lopsided but more central and the top bit worked better. I am getting the milk steaming more consistent though after a lot of faffing. :grin:

3 Likes

I can’t tell what it is yet :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Turnip. :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

2 Likes

It’s faarkin difficult, I tell thee!

I’ve all but given up

3 Likes

Mirrored flange

Cummed

Pretty good! :grin::+1:

1 Like

I overheard a barista in Origin the other day that it took her at least 6 months before she could do it consistently well. And she said that was “all day, every day.”

I’m blaming it on the cups :rofl:

6 Likes