Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

I like these, I like the tab on them. Don’t bother with the natural un-bleached ones, they take serious rinsing to get rid of the paper smell/flavour. I don’t rinse anymore when using these, I can’t taste or smell any difference, obviously if you have magic nose and 'buds then please yourself. :grin:

1 Like

More things to order and compare, I have the natural ones at the moment. :smile:

Oh god, I didn’t know about the filter paper rinsing thing!

1 Like

I read one magical thinker who said that unless he rinsed his bleached filters with 300mil of spring water they “sucked up” all the aroma from his coffee. :rofl: Coffee heads are worse than audiophools

3 Likes

I’m going to try it, I have sort of brown paper looking ones…

they do need rinsing. :+1:

1 Like

See cable lifters.

2 Likes

I was interested to note how much my tea consumption has stealthily crept up over the last few months. I suspect that this thread might have something to do with that on a subconscious level.

And no. I don’t use loose leaf. I rarely use a fucking teapot.

1 Like

But do you put the tea bag in before the water, or the water in and then the tea bag?

I usually use a bag in a mug unless I can be arsed to use loose leaf in an infuser. The latter always tastes much better (probably just better tea) but I then wait a few days for the residue to dry out rather than fucking about trying to dispose of damp leaves that have stuck to the mesh. 1st world problems.

what is the optimum number of holes in ones bag for good circulation?

Bag, water, sit, remove bag, add milk, stir, drink.

2 Likes

what type and what temperature. Do you pre-infuse your bag? or even moisten gently?

I find fresh and hot to be quite effective. Your mileage may vary.

3 Likes

Palestine!

2 Likes

Beans :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Not got mine yet. :rage:

Had a lovely couple of cups of that this morn.

I got the peach one too. Hopefully they will be delivered today, my current bag is meh.

I got the peach one ready to roll also.

1 Like