Cricket, lovely cricket (Part 1)

I can’t bloody watch it this morning yet, the kids are on the PlayStation! :rage: Dont rate Jennings, he doesnt ever look like he is confident.

Tickets are cheap but not sure they will shift many…

Never mind batting for two days, they won’t last two sessions at this rate.

Just to save you a bit of time @unclepuncle same old, same old.

1 Like

Both openers guilty of playing at balls they could/should have left. Root and Pope, whilst both balls again should have been left, out playing ridiculous shots under the circumstances.

It’s a TEST match ffs, wake up!

:rage:

Never fails.:grin:

1 Like

Curran will be glad he was dropped for this one.

Better session for England, proper test batting from Stokes and Buttler. :+1:

2 Likes

Tremendous from Buttler!

3 Likes

Seems well deserved. Would England have got into triple figures in either innings without him?!?

Indeed! I didn’t think he had it in him to play such a determined innings.

Very well done. It will be interesting to see what happens when the new ball comes in 2 overs, assuming he takes it.

Rooting for an England who’ve remembered how to play Test cricket.

Stokes has been really disciplined playing the anchor man too. Who would have thought that it would be these two destroyers to have this sort of partnership?

Yep. New ball will be the make or break.
And the first hour tomorrow.

We can’t hang on. Surely.

Incredibly unlikely, but if it happened it wouldn’t be hanging on, England would win. The draw is pretty much out of the game, unless it’s weather related.

New ball taken…

Win? Not sure we’d get the runs if we bat for a draw.
We’d have to play with extreme caution.

I think Paul’s right. In the very unlikely case of anyone still being in tomorrow evening, they will be in a winning position. They are more than halfway there with the runs now.

Although highly unlikely, we should be about 280 by close tonight which would leave 241 to get tomorrow. Can you see England batting for 90 overs and not getting 241?

We shouldn’t have even been thinking about tomorrow let alone the win. :confounded:

1 Like

Ouch, buttler and Bairstow with consecutive balls.