Cricket, lovely cricket (Part 2)

Yeah, and another.

England bowlers will like seeing that

1 Like

Not a lot you can do about a ball like that

Grass cutter. Ffs.

This is a good thing. :+1:

Suppose.

It’s how quick we can take ten wickets that decides this.

The weather forecast isn’t disastrous by any stretch. Sure there’s some rain, but not persistent every day.

If Wood pitches enough balls in that spot, quite quickly.

Starc’s falling to bits.

Their whole side look properly rattled.

1 Like

Not picking a spinner was a dreadful decision, no respite for the four bowlers, especiaslly when two of them were offering batting practice for most of the day

2 Likes

I think they had one eye on the weather and hoped that Green and Marsh could both contribute with the ball in a shortened test.

It hasn’t worked out that way, neither all rounder has looked dangerous and they’ve gone for a lot of runs (as have all of their bowlers)

Those couple of wickets have slowed the scoring rate but I’m sure they’ll put their foot to the floor tomorrow.

From the way they’re playing, they must want to score 150+ tomorrow and see if they can win it without having to bat again? I thought they might want to get to, say, 100 ahead quickly and declare, but apparently not.

There will be a new ball due after 8 overs tomorrow, that could bring a wicket or two, on the other hand it might just start flying to all parts.

Last over and the part time leggy is on.

What’s going to happen here? Play for the close or launch him into the crowd?

Those footmarks looked dangerous tbh

Edit: in terms of lots of spin, that is

Aye, for a leg spinner to a left hander, not sure if they’re going to be a great help for Moeen or Root.

Mo got some turn on day one though so I’m sure he’ll fancy a bowl at some point tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/toraincard/status/1682117428174639104?s=48&t=d36hHCH9Aybnmcl2k2UsYQ

The early rain has stopped and they’re working on the outfield. Looks like we might get a timely start.

:mega: :mega: :mega:

When would you expect a retirement?
150-200?

I’d say 150

1 Like

I wonder if they’ll just look to bat until lunch, save the 10 minutes changeover and however many runs we have by then will be the declaration total.

Given how they’ve started that will almost certainly be >200 lead

2 Likes