Cricket, lovely cricket (Part 1)

OH.MY.GOD.

0-1 isnā€™t unusual, but beyond that it is.

1 Like

I think Jimmy needs to get his big wicket soon. The spinners will be on before too long.

Nice to make this day all Cook, then he can have a bit of glory tomorrow!

1 Like

One thing thatā€™s getting slightly overlooked is what a great series this has been. Three of the tests could have gone either way and whilst some of the cricket (batting mainly) has been less than stellar, that in itself has made for great viewing.

Iā€™ve thoroughly enjoyed it.

3 Likes

I managed to avoid any cricket news and sat down for the highlights this evening.

What a day!
An incredible day of test cricket.

Cooks achievement is even more astonishing when you look at the all time top ten test batsman, he is the only opening bat in the list.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve thoroughly enjoyed it too. Mostly, the games have been taught and really gripping. Iā€™m really going to miss it when itā€™s finished. I think the scoreline flatters England but Root has been the better captain and Indiaā€™s batting for the most part hasnā€™t been up to snuff. Their attack is fabulous however and they donā€™t deserve to be on the losing side. Englandā€™s middle order has thrown someone up to make a difference in every game. Mind you, five tosses won has helped England too!

1 Like

Only 6 weeks or so and weā€™ll be playing in Sri Lanka. IIRC the time difference is 5 1/2 hrs. So, assuming itā€™s televised, itā€™ll be an early start :grin:

1 Like

taut

1 Like

Zieg bile

Excellent day for England.
Was a great touch when all the Indian players went up to shake Cookā€™s hand after he was out.

3 Likes

Really good series. Competitive but without the silly stuff that has crept in to the Ashes

1 Like

I hope that dies back a bit, and they get back to the game. The ā€˜ending peoples careersā€™ and headbut gate made The Ashes last winter a bit of a horror show for that crap. Not sure England were entirely squeaky eitherā€¦
Maybe from the Aussie side the find an edge, any edge mentality will be less on show since the yellow tape, no sorry, sandpaper, really sorry, sob, episode.

1 Like

I think the Aussie management will demand it. There was such a reaction from the public that they have to clean their act up.

3 Likes

I really hope so. What with Stokes, that crap and then the cheating row, I got quite disillusioned with cricket last winter. This series has re-ignited my enthusiasm honestly.

4 Likes

Mine too, I had just about given up on it

But, buuutā€¦ This series has shown just how good it can be. No other sport comes close in my opinion and today was one of the truly great days. Immense.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll make some soothing soundbites but most cricket fans in Oz are suckered into the whole ā€œa win is a win regardlessā€ attitude. The chip on most Strayan shoulders will force the hand of the management to continue, if not, step up the level of sledging.
Itā€™s only blatant cheating they wonā€™t tolerateā€¦If they get caught.

Doesnā€™t look like a batting day in London. Grey, muggy, with a stiffish westerly breezeā€¦

Over by lunch? Probably not, but then some strange things have happened in this series.

I still canā€™t really come to terms with yesterday. You couldnā€™t have scripted it better. Cookā€™s farewell century, Root returning to form with a fine innings, Kohli out for a golden duck, Jimmy equalling the record for a pace bowler. A day to remember.

1 Like