Cycling

The bikesy site suggests that I am badly wrong about the “grand” thing

:grimacing:

I was in a Specialized dealer recently. They had plenty of £10k+ bikes available, but fuck all under £2k.

I was looking to buy a new groupset. No chance unless top of the range, or dodgy Chinesium from eBay.

The only really expensive bike you can buy is the one you don’t use :wink:

1 Like

Trying to find groupsets or even specific brakes/derailleurs etc is an utter nightmare at the moment. The few places that have stuff in stock have jacked up their prices because they can.
A couple of years ago you could buy a complete Campag Chorus 11 speed group for about £1000. Now just a chainset is £700 :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I am still using 10 speed groupsets… parts are rarer than hen’s teeth now.

Dave is selling one on here…

2 Likes

Sorry, already sold

1 Like

Still staggered by that Elite Men’s World Championship race this afternoon - mind-bogling display of athleticism and racing from the riders.

Roll on next weekends’ double Paris-Roubaix - the first ever womans’ P-R should be interesting / carnage.

1 Like

No one was going to get close to JA today, different level.

Pidcock will be disappointed, did the right thing on the face of it. Hang with the favourites with 10 miles to go. Turned out they didn’t have it but he showed he was strong enough to medal by almost getting across to the four who duked it out. Sixth on that course at 22 is special.

The big guns went deep this weekend, wonder if it’ll effect performance next weekend?

1 Like

I honestly think that was the best one day race I’ve ever watched Dan - incredible racing from the very start and what a win in the end.

It looked like the riders reacted to the crowds and atmosphere and got a bit carried away :grinning:

You would think there’d be a reation to that in the legs for next week but these guys just keep throwing up mad races so who knows - Pidcock might be a good outside bet for the win he rode some race today.

I didn’t get in until it was well underway then had to dip in and out until the final. Does sound like it was some race.

Don’t know if you saw but Pidcock when interviewed after said it wasn’t like riding a race it felt more like riding in a stadium, words to that effect. Nice the riders appreciated the support.

Looking forward to next weekend. Womens race should be equalling as interesting as the men’s, can’t see Lizzie finishing things off, Anna Henderson? Maybe, she did a ton of work Sat, looked after, reckon she’d be in the mix. She MTBs around here in the winter so should manage the cobbles as well as any.

Yes, Pidcock’s a good outside bet for anything he rides these days. Very surprised he was able to go away from Wout and VdP at the end today.

I saw that - it really must be have been some feeling for the riders the crowds where amazing.

Did you see the clip of Ben Swift doing a recce on the Arenberg ? It looks like a grass path which will be a bit mental if it rains. :grimacing:

Wiggins & Blythe were hoping for rain - I always feel a bit iffy hearing that I hate seeing carnage during races.

1 Like

No didn’t see any of that

Dusty and hard beats wet and carnage for me

Some guys I know have done the Sportive, every one of them fell off on multiple occasions, reckoned it was nigh on impossible not to.

A Sunday In Hell type of race would be :ok_hand:

I seriously thought about trying the Sportive a few years back but thankfully came to my senses - I know I would have ended up doing some serious damage to myself.

2 Likes

The women’s race was excellent…and brutal in the muddy bits. Chapeau to Lizzie Deignan!

1 Like

If you like touring videos this is a nice one with some great music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdKvOImr5lI

1 Like

Got your wish!

Tough luck for Ineos yet again. Some of their own making? Seemed Moscon’s tire pressure wasn’t right, was comfortable on the cobbles until the bike change.

Congrats to Colbrelli, tops off a great season for him.

Lizzie though, what can you say. Completely unexpected given her form this year, sandbagging? It was the one she wanted, heard her talking about it a year ago. Job done!

3 Likes

Could only dip in and out of the coverage today but what a race and an amazing win by Lizzie. I feel sorry for Moscon he rode some race.

Up to a point…. He’s not a very nice bloke by all accounts. I felt sorrier for Van Der Poel - enormous effort to get to the front. Hats off to Colbrelli though.

They were both excellent races :grinning:

1 Like

Ouch!!

2 Likes