Cycling

Bit late to get tickets for 6 day London. Went a few years ago to see Wiggins and Cavendish.

Got tickets for UCI champions league in December. Be nice that.

1 Like

us too on the Friday

https://youtu.be/UrgaN_OQ_c4

4 Likes

I remember those years well. Rode a similar banana seat Stingray knock-off.
Then we began ā€œconvertingā€ our bikes by replacing the seat with a saddle type, ditching the ape-hanger bars, removing the chain guard and chrome fenders.
Then the real BMXs started making their way North from California and it was off to the races

3 Likes

Lol! trying to do shit like that on a Raleigh Chopper, and later a Raleigh Burner, is part of the reason I have 5 crowns in the front of my gob. Fucking ace stuff. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Tour of Britain coming through today. If I can, Iā€™ll try to get out & watch the 30 secs or so it takes for them & their entourage to flash past

2 Likes

Do you think your KOMā€™s will be in danger? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Unlikely :grinning:

There is quite a nasty (for me) climb up onto Dartmoor to Princetown (category 2) but last time I watched them do it I think they mustā€™ve all been on electric bikes as they flew up it without perceptible effort.

There is a ā€˜sprintā€™ section along a straight in the town centre ending in a hard right then immediately hard left turn. That could actually be an exciting vantage point

1 Like

Iā€™ve (briefly) seen the Giro and the Tour dā€™Alsace go by. The combination of enormous power and light weight results in quite amazing uphill speeds :astonished:

1 Like

Going to try and get to yelverton roundabout with patch, saying that, he hates cyclists.

1 Like

Film of passing peleton with Patch barking at them is required

1 Like

Wonder if one of the chaps at the back could pick me up a lack coffee table when they pass Exeter

1 Like

Going through Totnes at the moment. Devon looking nice in the sun. ITV4

Just took the dog out, must be mid 20s.

That road coming up from Dartmouth to Kingsbridge is beautiful.

1 Like

Standing by the sign/white van 150y past roundabout with a wanted hi fi sign. Dog wouldnā€™t come.

Good job. It couldā€™ve been carnage if Patch had got amongst them looking for an afternoon fight/shag

1 Like

Bloody boiling out there.

Peleton through Tavistock

Team cars & spares.

3 Likes