Dealer check please: Choice Hi Fi

Love that Kodo t/t

I’d have one in a heartbeat if I had the spare £££

5 Likes

If only you had a turntable or two you could trade in.

4 Likes

:no_entry:

He carries some stuff, fair bit tied up in Avalon speakers when I was last there. Much of it though is sold items (all the Tom Evans gear) not updated and commission sales. The Kodo has been listed for years, if he ever had it on site it’s not been there for a long time and I’d wager it’s long since sold or the chap selling decided to keep it. Was mighty tempted by it at the time I bought the Brinkmann but just out of reach price wise.

1 Like

I would love it, but really cant stretch to that. :euro:

Also recently read some comments from Mik on WBF suggesting it needs some love before it really sings, but cant say that has really put me off tbh :grin:

2 Likes

I do love the marketing bullshit: “magdrive”, erm…yes it’s an electric motor. Who’d have thought.

Cuntery like this is why I hate hifi these days.

2 Likes

Yeah all of that marketing shite is so unnecessary.

They do sound very nice though

1 Like

Yep.

2 Likes

If you wanted that tech, implemented elegantly, an SP10R would be a more affordable way of getting it.

3 Likes

It is a very fine turntable there have been several versions over the years, the stock arm boards tend to sound rather flat, also needs attention to finding a suitable tonearm, the best I ever got out the turntable was with the Airtangent Reference, the Fidelity Research fr66, the Durand Telos and Tosca, the likes of the Ikeda 407 and Glanz Sme and Graham tended not to work. Funnily the Alphason Hr100mcs Dynavector arms worked well.

3 Likes