Dealer check please: Choice Hi Fi

Anyone dealt with Choice Hi Fi in Richmond Surrey?

Thinking of buying a cartridge off them so any intel would be gratefully received.

Bought a Pass amplifier from Alain and 18 months later sold it back to him with no issues.

1 Like

I bought kit from them in the dim and distant past. IIRC they are very slow to respond to inquiries and took a while to mail the kit, but I had nothing really to complain about as it was as described and very well packed. I was in Oz at the time so their packing survived a trip to the other side of the globe.

1 Like

As above, I dealt with them a long time ago and have nothing negative to report.

1 Like

I bought my first PT Anniversary from them in the 90’s. All good.

1 Like

Cool thanks chaps - I’m picking up (Lyra Delos if anyone interested) as I’m close by - he seemed straight down the line…for a dealer anyway :wink:

1 Like

Dem’d stuff there though not bought, seemed a good guy and wouldn’t have any hesitation. Good luck with the Delos

1 Like

Yes he’s a nice chap - works out of his front room in Richmond - tempted me with an AN S6 too but I resisted…for now…

1 Like

Mine is an ANS6c rather than ANS6ii but looks more or less exactly the same.
That price is a bit of a shock but then I bought mine in 2009.

1 Like

I use an ANS6c too. Best partner to the Gold I’ve tried. Not tempted to upgrade to silver at all…

Yours has silver transformers, the ‘c’ is for the copper chassis as far as i know

1 Like

Yes, the Japan ones all have silver transformers.

3 Likes

I probably knew that once…:disappointed:

5 Likes

Christ he’s got a few quid tied-up in stock! :open_mouth:

These look fun…

2 Likes

and these look v nice

3 Likes

I try very hard to ignore all the stuff with telephone numbers for prices, but that Kodo does look lush; the Kuzma arm looks very fair value too - wonder if it’d fit on the Pro-ject…?

Kuzma use a Linn/Jelco mount afaik, just check if the main large central hole is large enough for the 4Point9

1 Like

Also these.

Spoke to him a while about the AN6 but as he’s selling that (and most of the other stuff) on commission for the owner/s he wasn’t very flexible on the extortionate pricing :frowning:

Yes, I realised when browsing that stuff was under HiFi Exchange.