Denon DCD-1500AE SACD player?

I have no SACDs. I don’t even play CDs very often, but I’ve seen one of these at a good price (less than half than the average ebay selling price, and it haz the shiny…

Any good?

Best non media you own playing machine ever.

3 Likes

I had a DCD2010 and it was very good. Denon CD players are usually well built and sound decent.

2 Likes

How much would it piss over my Marantz CD6004?

I have an sacd player and no sacds
Hope that helps

2 Likes

You and me, we’ll be the same, in a couple of days, probably.

1 Like

‘SACD to be the new R2R’ said absolutely no one ever.

2 Likes

But aren’t they moar betterer?

No! :face_with_monocle:

Some cheeky beggar is actually asking for money for something that obsolete?

But you can buy lots of classical and be cultured like me.

Given that there is some music on SACD, no…

3 Likes

No idea sorry, I’ve only owned a few players .I’m a big fan of sacd.

I changed my denon for a Luxman which was a step up but spendy

Just get a Sony DVP-S9000ES :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Looks a nice bit of kit.

1 Like

The one I’ve found is silver (actually brushed aluminium). It’s a real looker. Interested in how it performs with standard cds compared with my Marantz. Might even look out for some SACDs if i get it. Then I’ll rip them to R2R…:wink:

1 Like

Cheapest one of those I can find is over twice the price of the Denon. Shame, because I love Sony stuff.

Really? They were around £50-£100 last time I looked! :scream:

While the two companies (Denon and Marantz) are now part of the same parent company, from that vintage, sound per pound would suggest that the Denon may just edge the more basic Marantz (their Disc players further up the chain played SACD).
I believe they have a different drive unit. DAC will also be different. Philosophies were very similar.

Only a listen will tell for sure.

1 Like

It’s up for £150, and I’ll probably be able to get it cheaper. Even comes with a warranty. Might be worth it just to flip if i can’t tell the difference.

2 Likes

For that price it’s defo worth a punt.

2 Likes