Design / Wayne's World

oops - there was one of those in this house when i moved in as a renter. When I bought the house from my landlady it was in the contents she gave me. Used it for a few years…

Then in about 1995 it was getting in the way. So i cut the wood up for a project, and the glass might still be in the loft

There was one in our local auction house a while back. Didn’t go too high. I’d forever be crashing my shins into it.

Two of the most famous (and cliched to own) are the Corbusier chaise, and Eames chair with ottoman. Both super comfortable and design masterpieces of the Mid 20th C. Ergonomics being the starting point for each.

1 Like

:cry:

I don’t actually own that - my MiL has offered it to me, but there’s the small issue of the Irish Sea in the way.

She’s replaced it with this

A Vitsœ 620 chair, which IMO is both more comfortable and practical.

Vitsœ are one of those great companies that I fear may have something of an iffy chance of surviving the current conditions.

4 Likes

Beautifully curated Vitsœ installation behind where I’m sitting. Definitely not a random dumping ground.

4 Likes

incoming dork comment about the XSLT book in 5, 4, 3 …

:confounded:

A triumph of wood but the lack of seated cushioning and asymmetric pointy impaling aids speak of short stays.

1 Like

Wow. The Vitsoe factory is in Leamington Spa near me, incredible stuff that I hope one day to own. Your MIL has impeccable taste!

The cliche quip comes down to a bit of sour grapes on my part, I’ve had a cheap Corb chaise copy, and always wanted a good quality Eames chair, but never had the money spare. That one looks very nice indeed.

Yes, but the location by a Morrisons and a roundabout doesn’t scream elegance.

1 Like

Check these beauties out.

Worth a trip to the Pompey center - They will not be beaten on price.

5 Likes

agree very strange, nice laminated timber structure that’s too good for the location

At home I have a Dodo by Toshiyuki Kita for Cassina.

Sorry my photography doesn’t exactly make it “pop”.

TBH it doesn’t get a great deal of use - that’s probably down to where it got dumped relative to the TV.

1 Like

hmm brown vinyl. I’m sure my Dad had something similar in his bronze Ford Cortina back in '74

Is it made of chocolate biscuits? :thinking:

Mirrored material ceiling is brown.

Love it at 30secs when it sounds like he decided to carry on shouting from the bog

1 Like

Ikea do ok cabinetry and wardrobes etc. nothing wrong with a bit of ikea.
I love the idea of eckorn stress less but I just don’t fit them.

I’ve always wanted a 1970s sunken floor lounge
Pesky housing association are playing hardball though

12 Likes