Design / Wayne's World

How are you supposed to have car-key parties without one of those, then?! Eh?!

Fucking human rights mate!

1 Like

Conversation pit FTW.

I was going to say that my favourite is in the Miller House by Eero Saarinen, but I think your picture is the Miller House

2 Likes

is it watertight?

If it’s anything like half the major modernist houses of the C20 then absolutely nothing about the house was watertight, let alone the conversation pit, and it’s taken successive owners and building technology 50 years to catch up with the ambition of the architect.

1 Like

You do know that the Eames will come apart and fit into one of those massive suitcases you can buy for £50 down the market don’t you? Day return flight, pay the excess luggage on the return leg.

Me + toolbox = no survivors

1x Phillips screwdriver.

It’s no Eames but I just pulled the trigger on this lovely Danish chair. My 60’s room is coming together. Once I’ve had the painter in and fitted the blinds I’ll post some pics.

s-l1600

21 Likes

Really like that

1 Like

Mmmm…brrrrrrown.

Needs a rug to tie the room together.

1 Like

The vendor described the colour as rusty red.

I’ve got the rug. :grin: It recently returned from a five year stay at a friend’s place.

9 Likes

Oxblood. Good colour, nice furniture.

2 Likes

The blue LEDs are preventing that rug from ‘really tying the room together’. :grinning:

4 Likes

Wrestling with placement issues

Lord take me now.

Surely a 60’s room would have egg chairs, blinding white shag pile, a conversation pit, a reel to reel monstrosity of a hifi and some of those women from UFO draped About the place. Well that’s my 60’s room anyway.

4 Likes

Don’t forget the go-go cage dancers.

Not sure why I ever watchimage ed that as a yoof…

2 Likes

Nope. No idea…

2 Likes

Dubious that top pic was ever in the TV series. Is it cgi?

Does it matter? It’s here now :+1::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like