Diet and Fitness

Ah Charles Atlas :slightly_smiling_face:

Update: A fortnight of diet and I have lost 3.5 Kg. Trying to get used to yoghurt and berries for breakfast.
I have been averaging 2000 calories intake per day for the last week. I have a bit of sore throaty sniffles today,
so I won’t be exercising much. Generally speaking all is well with the plan. I did bake some rolls yesterday, at 216 calories a go I will be limiting myself to one - Most likely cheese and pickle for lunch.

3 Likes

Congratulations Andy ! That is pretty fast mind, although the first week or two can be a bit like that IME - something about the amount of water tied up inside us ISTR.

VB

Yes too fast - I am tracking calories in and out pretty closely - My calculated weight loss was 4.75Ib

Well done. Yep I expect that there’s a bit of everything in that 3.5kg; fat, water and muscle.

Sorry to go on about it, especially while you’re getting results, but your daily calories are still too low. You’ve got a marathon ahead, not a sprint and right now you’re running too fast. I’d recommend getting them above your BMR, and making sure you’re getting plenty of protein, especially in the morning, one of those Swedish style thick yoghurts has about 10-15g in a pot for only about 130 cals IIRC.

Not in any way criticising what you’re doing, I think it’s great that you’re making such an effort and getting success - I’m right behind you and want you to get there.

If you’ve got a cold then it’s best laying off exercise which gets your heart rate maxing or that requires hypertrophy to recover from. However it is a good time to do a bit of gentle mobilising and stretching to keep you moving and which has benefits for when you exercise. If you would like some ideas for something that takes 10-15 mins just shout.

Cheers - Just back from brisk walk (taking some foo leads sold on eBay to post office) 3-1/2 miles
That plus a little running up the stairs as I potter around today plus a light KB warm up will be it for exercise.

I am trying to take on board a calorie intake of more than my BMR of circa 2500 (good) cals honest.
This coming week I will be able to be more focussed on that.

1 Like

Think i’m addicted to;

Ooh, about 500 cals in one packet and most of those from the 80g of sugar :scream: Sugar rush and crash all in about 20 minutes!

And that’s probably a third of your base calorie allowance for the day :grinning:

Best i knock them on the head then.

Not necessarily, you can eat them and burn them off by.,.

Might have to get the push bike out for the summer.

Also sugar at that level starts to switch off insulin sensitivity - this is not a good thing :grimacing:

1 Like

I could become addicted to Mini Eggs. I can easily polish off a 328g bag of which a third is sugar!. I resist and have had a bag for over a week unopened. A World Record. Now exercise 3 times a week on a rowing machine which I had not done for 10 years and try to be careful to eat mostly fresh food made from scratch. I did have a pork pie yesterday but again the first time in months rather than every weekend. None of this is to lose weight rather to control the inexorable increase that would otherwise have followed.

1 Like

If only a third of mini eggs is sugar what’s in the other two thirds?! I’d have thought they were 60% plus in sugar and the rest in cocoa and milk?

70% sugar and almost all the the rest is fat!!! Good grief no wonder they taste good.

1 Like

So basically if you scoff a single bag then you’re getting a hit of about 230g of sugar :scream:

Ticket to type 2 in every packet!

Yeah, for me ~2kg is glycogen/water whenever I’m restricting calories and comes back on quickly. Partly why I was binging yesterday. Right enough- 70kg today (although I didn’t weigh myself before eating).

I’m mainly going on measurements and appearance this time. Although I do want to be as light as possible I’m forcing myself not to fixate on it.

Managed 3 sets of 7 today :thumbsup: Did 2 hour endurance session on turbo. Heart rate recovery rate improving

1 Like

Nice one. That’s great progression keep it up.

Did a full set of KB swings today (300) plus some single arm rows and some bench presses.

Very hungry now.