DIY Audio General - stuff you're making, tips, advice sought, etc

Quite a few 2-pole 6-way switches come with an adjustable ‘stop’ that allows the number of ways to be reduced. It just physically stops the rotation at the chosen point. So if I was looking for a 2-pole 3-way I might well buy one of those - I’d have more choice - and that would allow me the flexibility to add more ways later if I ever decided I wanted them.

VB

Thanks very much :grinning:

Is there a Go To place to buy MiniDSP? I want try the basic 2x4 for sub integration. Been impressed with the built in system in my Velodyne, but it is quite old.

I used this place

https://chromapure.co.uk/products.asp

1 Like

Just bought a b-grade one from oaudio.de

2 Likes

Sorted, thanks. I’ll have some questions about interpreting New graphs when it arrives :ok_hand:

Elma switches are easily got hold of, but the pins to solder to don’t have holes so you need to try and wrap the wire (or just hold it close enough to solder together…). They have the adjustable stop Graeme mentioned. The inputs are around the edge and the two pins in the center are the output to the volume pot or next bit of the chain.

1 Like

It was raining today so instead of gardening I made a a H type Open Baffle for a pair of 15" drivers I had doing nothing - Currently being tested with some Air Motion Transformer tweeters. Crossover is currently @2k and I know this needs to be a three way really.

7 Likes

Maybe I should bring the 2482s and horns over. Are you about on Monday evening?

yep i’m about that would be great

1 Like

That is art, it should be displayed in the Tate.

‘Man and his self awareness of being’ In speaker form.

Brutal.

2 Likes

SIT amp power supply coming along. Gonna be full! (And heavy)

24 Likes

Holy fuck. :grin:

1 Like

Balanced by the lightening of the wallet!

1 Like

Good job Dave lives on the ground floor!

1 Like

Looks like your going for a rerun of the Philadelphia Experiment with that power supply.

2 Likes

Inside @coco is a Dr Manhattan trying to get out…

3 Likes

wow

There’s still a space a the front right corner :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Room for one of these

2 Likes