DIY drain rodding

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

I currently have that prickling feeling at the back of my neck that I may have a manhole in my garden that I have covered with the decking, and itā€™s the access point for clearing my drainsā€¦

1 Like

You could try one or two of these, for the beginning.

Three weetabix is a challenge, trying seven is ridiculous, no wonder you have problems

1 Like

Shit a brick :laughing:

Thatā€™ll be as satisfying as fuck once you get it moving. Gurgling and all sorts.

Will be worth having a look in the manhole downstream, if possible, to make sure that isnā€™t bunged also.

Please take a vid of it clearingā€¦

Garlic? ā€¦ Bread???

1 Like

I would also be tempted to scoop those solids out before you take the plunge, lest they block it again.

A butterfly net should do it.

Whatever turns you on

but donā€™t

Definitely will.

Youā€™ve got spunk, I give you that. If I lifted the lid on that hellbroth my adventures in amateur plumbing would be over :smiley:

8 Likes

Hellbroth :slight_smile:

OzwaldExpat will be all over that name for his next brew. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:+1:t6:

Stating the obvious, Iā€™m certain, but just in case ā€¦ This is important. You need to find the last full one before the street and then rod from there towards the street.

Stuā€™s advice about fishing the big bits out is also good, but I confess if it was me Iā€™d try to break them up where they are. I assume theyā€™re going to go down the pipe eventually.

VB

Whatā€™s the internal diameter of said waste pipe, 4inch?

On the basis those sizable floaters will all reach the bottom at the same time theyā€™ve got to be fished out before flow restarts. I bet they stink out of water, please give them a good sniff and let us know.

I wouldnā€™t go near that tbh, dyno rod ftw.

Iā€™m a big fan of taking personal responsibility. Paying Dynarod to sort it out falls fully within that, I reckon.

:popcorn:

May be :face_vomiting:

We had a drain that full, less those enormous floaters - has anyone in the family fessed up to those? Perhaps if it is established if that is the blocked one by looking to see if the next drain cover is free, then first try with a long pointed stick in the gully downstream end at the bottom. That worked for me once.

oh fuck that is bringing back memories of my semi naked pressure washer splashback adventureā€¦