DIY Garden Room/Workshop

got a pampas? I wonder if I can split mine.

3 Likes

Slow but more progress in between rain showers. Roof and insulation all done, with the facia boards. Just the floor and doors to go…

11 Likes

Well slow progress…

In the last month or so its pretty much finished! Managed to get the floor finished off this evening, just some skirting to go round the edge after trimming the DPM.

Then I was planning on putting another flooring product on top of the 26mm T&G Floorboards, something that wont mark so easily, easy to clean and ideally non-slip.
Ideally, I was thinking of something like this, as we have used it at work and its super easy to install but a bit OTT for a Shed/Workshop:

Other cheaper option is a basic Rubber Matting like this:

Any thoughts?

10 Likes

I’ve no experience with the flooring but the workshop/office looks great :+1:

1 Like

Yes. I have a section of that heavy rubber “coin” matting in my garage to keep the washing machine stable.

It smells, really strongly. Not a particularly pleasant petrochemical smell.

The smell partly dissipated after several weeks, probably because my garage is bordering on being open to the elements, but it has never gone away completely.

I wouldn’t recommend it for my home office!

1 Like

That is a good thought, as you can see the shed gets the late afternoon sun so might get tacky and pungent in the heat, I had not considered that!

1 Like