DIYers / plumbers, what is this?

Of course, after all the advice it may now be…

1 Like

I think that after your initial advice to give it a bit of a waggle, it may be keeping dry.

If this proves to be the case then I owe you a pint.

If it’s still leaking then it’s all your fault.

3 Likes

If it gets worse,insist he comes down and fixes it, or you’ll call watchdog

5 Likes

Stick a bowl under it and empty everyso often. If you live in a hard water area it’ll go crusty and stop leaking eventually.
You can wrap everything in self amalgamating tape too if you like. It rarely works and is an arse to do but makes it look like you know what your doing.
Final solution, wait for it to cause structural damage and get the insurance to sort it out.

3 Likes

Spot on.

It’ll be reet.

Cutting to the chase: sell your house, now.

It’ll be quicker and less painful than dealing with this sack of clowns and trying to make sense of their “advice”…

4 Likes

Any Plumbers? I have a Potterton Profile Boiler ,How do the settings work on the dial ? It has 0 then a long kind of arrow before it starts a series of numbers 1/5 …I realise that 5 is the highest but I can’t fathom the arrow bit …Thanks for help.

You mean it doesn’t go to 11?!

My guess is the arrow section is the ignition/spark for the gas?

Dude - full model number.

If it ain’t too old the instructions are prolly available on-line (or forgotten in a drawer somewhere, ya numnut!)

Yes ours in the knife and fork drawer, under the tray if that helps :+1:

3 Likes

RTFM

1 Like

Doesn’t say in the manual…the reason I’m asking is to try to clarify what the long arrow type setting is… is it a short cut for the numbers or an economy setting …it doesn’t seem to make any difference to my bills

And get your phone out and take a photo, then people will know
A) What model number
B) WTF you are talking about!

Or just ring potterton

1 Like

So you have a control on your boiler, and the boiler’s manual says nothing about it?

You are confident you have the manual and not, say, last night’s fish’n’ship wrapper? A used envelope? The holy bible? A length of loo roll? A ham sandwich?

Photos please - if for no other reason so we can point’n’laugh… :+1:

4 Likes

I’m trying to upload a photo but no success

Going back to the OP, I’m sure you’ll all be thrilled to hear that I had completely misdiagnosed the problem.

The leak was a dodgy O ring betwixt tap and sink.

Fixed in a jiffy by Mario “nominative determinism” the plumber.

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks for info ! I have rang Potterton and got the answer …thanks also for all imputera to my post

3 Likes