Doggos

Yes. We seem to have settled on Stirling for the name.

9 Likes

Looks like he could be quite an engine

1 Like

Walkies!

18 Likes

Poseur!

13 Likes

19 Likes

35 Likes

Fabulous :heart_eyes:

Beautiful dog

24 Likes

Teaching him the green cross code.:wink:

1 Like

17 Likes

Hard to imagine life without dog walks!

9 Likes

It’s almost 12 months since Barnaby was euthanised and yet between 1.30 and 2.00pm every day look up expecting him to be at his command post ( the fridge ) , looking at me and glancing at his lead, then back to me. Sun, rain, hail, wind and storm we’d set out for a couple of hours walk and although often it started out begrudgingly by the end of the walk the boy had made me laugh and the inclement weather forgotten. I completely understand the joy of dog walking. Unfortunately too old to have another dog, the animal would outlive me, I do miss the walks, the laughs and the bonding.
Soppy post I know, but your post brought it all back to me.

21 Likes

Thanks for sharing, gave me goosebumps reading that and made me appreciate our doggo even more. I hope I triggered some happy memories for you!

1 Like

Setting aside the sincere hope you do in fact have at least a dog’s-worth of years left to you, could you perhaps consider rehoming an older dog? Not so energetic, so easier on you, and of all the dogs in rescues, they’re the ones that find it hardest to get rehomed.

We took Maddie on aged 10 (or 11, or 12, they always underestimate) and though she was with us less than four years, she was a joy of a dog, and knowing she really needed a home desperately, and giving her the best last few years we could was (selfishly) very rewarding.

Gone five years now and I still miss her.

That time-for-walkies look :heart_eyes:

19 Likes

Many, many times we have considered rehoming an older dog and yes it would have a very caring environment in which to live out its remaining years. I have small grandchildren, brought up with dogs and have little if any fear of them, however the dog may not be all that comfortable with confident little people about, couldn’t take the risk for the dog or children.

1 Like

Match fit

6 Likes

At my friend’s, watching England and enjoying a cuddle with Ulla

11 Likes

Who were you cheering for?
:grin: