Donald Trump finally announced as some massive in-joke (Part 2)

CNN are openly calling it a coup attempt. Strong stuff.

Judges required

4 Likes

When was the last time (if ever) that a Confederate Flag was seen in the Senate Chamber?

when the police were outnumbered by 50 to 1 every arrest takes 2 police away from the lines.

Another set of Articles of impeachment being drawn up according to BBC

1 Like
2 Likes

It won’t happen.
There isn’t enough time and Biden will be in.
You can’t impeach a non-President.

No idea how quickly can these things can be made to happen. I expect there’s a shitload of pissed off Republican Congressmen and Senators right now.

Hahahaha just on CNN

“This is the first time that Capitol building has been stormed since the British breached and burned the capitol building in 1814 during the war of 1812”

2 Likes

Suspect/hope Republicans will fall in line when the House is able to reconvene and will formalise the election with little more debate. The party will disown Trump although Trump will take a chunk with him.

PMSL, any Limmy fans here?

1 Like

Fuck me. The leader of the free world… I read he’s just auctioned off drilling rights to parts of the Arctic as a bit more of a leaving gift too

Fucking sad day for democracy - HK and now this.

3 Likes

Sad it’s come to this, probably the best thing that could have happened for the longer term. Who knows though with the current crop.

Very fine people…

Thinking about it, letting these people have their squalid stupid way for a few hours was the better approach by the authorities. The sight of them disgracing their democracy, their country and themselves will turn everyone who can possibly be turned against them. Crushing them by force, and particularly martyring any number of them, on the other hand would have cemented their ‘people versus power’ message. They will achieve nothing in terms of stopping Biden and Harris.

VB

6 Likes

Pence has changed his Twitter banner…

https://twitter.com/Mike_Pence

The moment you switch from protesting or demonstrating to violence you lose any rights.

1 Like

30 minutes to curfew and Police are now there in force and are moving everyone on

I hope you’re right. But throughout the ceaseless 4 year conveyor belt of incompetence, lies, vileness, corruption and humiliation heaped upon the US by Trump and his backers we have all waited for the MAGAtards to wake-up and Get It: to realise what it is they’ve backed, and to reject it.

Not the slightest evidence of that happening, and indeed this current agitation seems likely to enter their delusionary mythology…

We live in a highly fact-resistant world now.