Donald Trump finally announced as some massive in-joke (Part 2)

He really is delusional.

“Under our leadership the world was a peaceful place because America was strong and the perception of our country was like it never was before: powerful, cunning and smart. Now we are a stupid country,” Mr Trump said.

He’s got great form on Ukraine, remember

That was his first impeachment

1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like

Hilarious.

Can we skip to the good part?:joy:

Just get on with it USA!

The sly russian psychopath jumps over the fat US narcissist every time, in the real world.

Missing a ‘z’ and an ‘x’ (and some other letters).

2 Likes

He’s just early is all, when the Chinese have their copycat f22 that’ll be a genius plan

Chinese flag and these on the nose for more disguise.

1 Like

Whatever you might think of each politician etc, the US system of absolute bipartisanship and politicians being able to end investigations once they get a majority in the house is just bizarre. They really have an issue with the separation of politics and justice.

4 Likes

I think you mean politics and law.

Big difference between justice and the law :grinning:

As Billy Bragg wrote

I said there is no justice
As they led me out of the door
And the judge said, "this isn’t a court of justice, son
This is a court of law."

4 Likes

It’s even more complex than that. The classic ‘separation of powers’ is typically into three: the executive (who, among other things, take political decisions), the legislature (who make the law, often with a political point of view) and the judiciary (who are part of the process of applying the law). In the UK the Ministry of Justice is responsible for the judiciary and they explicitly describe what they do as ‘protecting and advancing the principles of justice’. I guess Billy Bragg would disagree.

In the US the Senate is both part of the legislature and also part of the judiciary when it comes to an impeachment of the president. It’s generally reckoned that compromising the separation of powers like that is A Bad Thing and the point @AmDismal makes shows why. We should be a bit careful about calling the kettle black though. Powers in the UK are still not very well separated. Until 2005 the Lord Chancellor was a member of the Cabinet i.e. the executive, was also speaker of the House of Lords i.e. part of the legislature and, to complete the set, was the most senior law lord and head of the judiciary.

This government has got good form in appointing a politician and apparently incompetent lawyer to the Lord Chancellor role. It’s not a great place we’re in, for sure.

Fortunately the job is less than it was. He’s not speaker of the House of Lords any more or (strictly speaking) head of the judiciary either.

1 Like

My mother would be saying “If the devil cast his net …” etc.

For folk as not-with-it as me, that’s one of the Candy brothers and a woman from Neighbours.

Cheezus, state of them.

2 Likes

Still the best thing to come out of the trump administration

7 Likes