Donald Trump finally announced as some massive in-joke (Part 1)

I liked his early stuff

I suspect they do know, that’s the really worrying thing. There are 600 fucking comma thousand of him out there.

Is it the Alex Jones nutters who’ve been signing this petition? I’m praying there aren’t 600”000 Brits who’d sign that.

1 Like

Probably. Ben Shapiro has also been pushing it for Daily Wire (another PoS ‘media’ outlet).

In the USA they have a really serious issue with the police shooting in the most ludicrously inappropriate of circumstances, combined with their being very little by way of repercussions for officers that do it.

I’m also extremely wary of any concept of punishment without trial, there are enough miscarriages of justice even with the full weight of a trial, that would only be exacerbated by having the police do it. Even the gendarme here in France, who are far better trained / disciplined than US cops still have serious issues with shooting people who shouldn’t be being shot.

2 Likes

I was being a little tongue in cheek. :wink:

Good! Don’t worry, I am shit at picking up on nuance in written communication.

fxt

Latest from Gilead.

Jeeeezz. It’s one rule for Christians and another for fundamentalist Muslims :roll_eyes:

Nice to see that the separation of church and state is in good shape.

VB

1 Like

Looks like the pesky public don’t believe him;

I am certainly not a Constitutional scholar, but I thought that sort of citing of the bible didn’t violate that separation. I’m sure it’s something that lawyers could have a field day with if they wanted, but it’s a long way from things like school prayer and putting up statues of the 10 Commandments in Statehouses

What the actual fuck!!?? All in one just ONE day. The Leader of the free world, yeah? Christ

You’re right I think, the headline is inflammatory but the text explains the detail better (‘the big print giveth, but the small print taketh away’). It seems it’s not ‘Trump’s’ separation of children from families, which actually happens under legislation passed by the Democrats. Nor is Sanders using the Bible to defend that practice specifically. She’s using the Bible to defend the upholding of law (which, TBH, shouldn’t need any defending, as a principle). The problem comes in fact when you do start using religious beliefs as the basis for legislation.

VB

1 Like

I thought Sessions had made reference to (I think) Romans 13 to justify the policy.

Nothing Nazi like about that, oh no…

2 Likes

Using Exodus 23:9 as a basis for legislation in this respect wouldn’t be too bad in my opinion. Trump’s lot may also want to look at the verse before that as well…

This had better not be banned:

What an excellent idea ! But I’d have chipped in towards a really big one

VB

1 Like