Dr Cunties coolade Sunglasses emporium

Next door neighbour in Floridaland worked for Sunglass Hut. So I know far more than I ever needed or wanted to know about sunglasses.

Make him/her a coffee, he/she won’t know what hit 'em. Overpowered by faff :smiley:

She, and I’m not sure she drank coffee. Don’t get to see them much these days only when we go out on holiday.

I’ll never forget when she brought over a fruit salad with marshmallows in for thanksgiving. And served it with the turkey.

2 Likes

In gelatine?

The. Actual. Fuck?

2 Likes

No thank goodness. Oh and sweet potato casserole. With marshmallows. They apparently go with everything.

Mercians. Southern ones anyway.

1 Like

I may have consumed sweet potato pie . . . with marshmallows on top . . . with turkey.

I’ll see myself out.

2 Likes

spewnose

1 Like

You think you know someone…

1 Like

I’ve had these for yonks

Do they come with a stick on the NHS?

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yeah, for hitting yellow twats with.

7 Likes

Temper, temper… :smiley:

1 Like

Sunglasses, instant cool :smile:

Best I have had were Vaurnet bought in an end of season sale when I worked in France in the early 90s

Hollywood cottoned on to how cool I was as Jeff Bridges wore a pair in The Big Lebowski and Daniel Craig wore a pair in No Time To Die

1 Like

Not with an accompanying black Daytona 365 or white Testarossa…

Anyway, imo Ray Ban is not any longer what it used to be after Luxottica took the brand over from Bausch & Lomb.
But even before that take over, the Serengeti lenses are way superior to the green B&L’s G-15.
Have no experience with other lenses.

(with a correction in the -9 to -10 range and wearing contact lenses at that time, I was a bit picky with sunglasses)

2 Likes

I’m sure if you wanted original Bausch & Lomb Wayfarers you could find a clean second hand pair, there must be millions of them out there. I had 2 pairs that seem to have just disappeared, I’ll probably find them in a box some day when I’m beyond shades wearing age. Actually, come to think of it, I am beyond shades wearing age; unless they are prescription, I can’t bloody see!

personally I dont want scabby used frames next my skin. I dont care who makes them.

I used to wear Oakley plastic framed shades, but on a whim I went to wire metal frames. I found Raybans more comfortable, but 3 buckled frames down the line in about 18 months, I decided I was too heavy handed to continue wearing these.

I hate rayban wayfarers - so I am trying another pair of Oakleys - these should arrive tomorrow:

£72 via “Drop”