DSD Capable DACs

Gents,

Specifically: https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-Q1ii-2nd-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B0757MH46M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1521659664&sr=8-3&keywords=fiio&dpID=319PGUiQBOL&preST=SX300_QL70&dpSrc=srch - has anyone used one of these before?

I want the Topping D30 as recommended by the tall bloke who builds things, but I fancy this as it is portable. I’m fully aware I will never take it outside and I’ll always forget to take it on holiday, but I like the green LED to show it is playing back DSD material.

Also, recommend anything cheap that you’re aware of.

Interested to read any thoughts.

Reel to reel, food and Volvo’s are the only topics you’ll gain advise on here. Try Hifi Subjectivist.

3 Likes

You must be desperate!

1 Like

Maybe it’s because we don’t recommend stuff we haven’t actually tried ourselves just to make ourselves look knowledgeable

But the best posts are those backed up by: “But, I heard it, so I know it is better.”

Topping d30 or d10.

You seem similar to the tall man I referenced in the OP.

Sounds like someone who knows what he is talking about.

I dunno, he hasn’t used the “I KNOW IT’S GOOD BECAUSE I’VE HEARD IT IN MY LOUNGE” yet, I can’t fully trust 100%

I have heard it in Micks lounge, even his dog stuck his head in and said how good it sounded.

1 Like

hands you a blank but signatured cheque

1 Like

signed

Stop, immediately.