eBay stuff (Part 1)

Helps me work out how much my Taus might go for, since they’re betterer and I put more foo and wood into the crossover boxes :smile:

2 Likes

FFS Bob, have a word with yourself.

11 Likes

Exactly this, my h6s were close to £800 for new tweeters, external crossovers etc by Paul… money well spent as far as I’m concerned.

I expect brumjams will have been quite a bit more…

Still a very good price if you ask me

1 Like

So you’re going to eventually sell all of your kit for what you paid for it? Is that how ‘investment’ works? :laughing:

5 Likes

Wait…you mean to say he might not sell it for what he bought it for? I can hear the shattering glass of illusion all around me.

1 Like

Well capitalism seems to be working ‘ok’ at the minute, other than that it’s foraging for nuts and berries :+1:

Irony would be me agreeing with you, you massive nugget.

Might be of interest to @BobC

Jeebus. Out of my league!

1 Like

Don’t even go there :exploding_head:

Been buying a load of classical 7.5 ips tapes from a US seller tonight but at much, much more sensible prices than those. (9 tapes for £85)

But I’d love to hear that Bowie one. I bet it’s stunning.

3 Likes

Just think of it as a good long term investment.

It’s a lot of money for a tape. But is it a lot of money for the pleasure it might bring ? Would it give more pleasure than, say, an Ultimate Lego Millennium Falcon ?

VB

The Lego would win if the first time you try to play to the tape it plays the opening bars and then disintegrates in front of your crying eyes :grimacing:

This is what eBay/Paypal is for. It allows buyers to get their money back on a whim. They can choose to return the goods to the seller if they can be bothered.

VB

On the plus side, fine sound quality and a lack of clicks, pops, surface noise & warping. While I haven’t yet had any disintegrate, some are indeed fragile.

Might be more affordable.

I was just looking at that on hifi guys website a few minutes ago . yummy

its on at 7k on the website so be interesting to see what it goes for

Good luck hearing anything if you want info from him. I was after some speakers he had on his site a few months back. He never bothered replying.

Linky please?