eBay stuff (Part 1)

Lovely workmanship on pictures 5 and 6…

Why would you do that, to such fine instruments ?

Not eBay, but how much ? :astonished:

it is always humbling to see craftsmanship at the highest level.

You should ask him if he could use chrome screws? :tired_face:

Obviously all cables sound the same but these look very cheap.

https://www.hifi-forsale.co.uk/mobile/moreinfo.php?pid=60511&prodt=speakercable

:joy:

az stuff is brilliant and yes thats a very good price i think

Better than acoustic panels? (35 kg per board)

1 Like

Depends what u want to achieve, sound reduction to adjacent room or reverberation control inside the room? Totally different. These are for the former, acoustic panels are normally for the latter.

https://www.audio-markt.de/_markt/uploaded/2602175928_2_g.jpg

Pioneer PL - 707 t/t €590. Audiomarkt.

8 Likes

Hoping for a bit of both really. The rear wall is beside a ginnel. It’s not busy, but takes regular staff changes and visitors to the nursing home it leads to. And everything quivers a bit when the industrial size refuse wagons go to the N.H.

Was wondering if mounting it on battens with some air gap would be dual purpose. Hefty though.

It won’t do much for the quivers of the trucks.
It won’t do much from in room reverb apart from frequencies well below 100Hz.
It may do something for airborne sound transmission through the wall, but this will depend on existing construction and most importantly flanking paths via floor, ceiling, Windows and other adjacent walls and the various junctions.
The if you are putting on a timber frame with part fill of Rockwool anyway, double skin high density 15mm “soundblock” plaster board will achieve similar end result and likely to cost u much less.

1 Like

Bargain.

Any love for this from the SW massive?

1 Like

Tasteful.

1 Like

Never heard these, as they were always displayed and not played, which makes me suspicious. Apparently a bit crap.

A pair of these didn’t sell last year at £1.4K (in Essex I think), how the fuck do you do £8K of upgrades to a 2 way stand mount?

Me too. I have had my time enjoying 801s for what they do (ignoring the many things they can’t), but never heard the Nautilus.