eBay stuff (Part 1)

I heard of someone that did that and then promptly moved house.

1 Like

All the best choices, me. I could have been divorced, living in a draughty flat but with Lowther Audiovectors & an old broadcast turntable if only Iā€™d played my cards right.

14 Likes

Heard this system, inc Zanden pre and cdp. Spectacular, one of those rare systems that covered all bases and didnā€™t need to played loud to give you that being there feel. Magic with classical. More spendy than Aesthetix mindā€¦

4 Likes

Hi,

Iā€™m sure I saw a pair of these in a nightclub in Spain. It was in 1985 near Lloret del Mar. I was on Club 18-30s holiday. Interesting times.

1 Like

Youā€™ve mentioned this before, and Iā€™ve called you a silly sausage before because of it, but I think it bears repeating.

You silly sausage.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind offer but i live way down south by the sea,so its a bit of a hike.Thanks all the same.Will maybe give Kevin a call this week and see what he says.

I sdill have regrets about it despite the degree to which it was impractical at the time.

Ta Olan.

@Spenagio - youā€™re welcome to try these in your own system, no obligation. You will be surprised how much drive these have!

Cheers, last thing I tried as an alternative to the Job 225 was a couple of Aleph 60 watt monos. Desperately wanted them to work but they couldnā€™t power my speakers.
Give it 6 months Iā€™ll be looking at horns anyway :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You need to change speakers, not amps

1 Like

yay! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thereā€™s a guy on pfm who should be selling his Avantgarde Unoā€™s soon as heā€™s moving to Asia.

1 Like

Or sit closer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Believe me it was my first thought. Wife already thinks I change speakers more often than underpants. I think thatā€™s pretty normal?

What have you got at the moment?

Spendor S8e.
Let the stoning commence

Why, do you need to spark up a little number to make them sound good? :wink:

2 Likes

Well, when the question is speakers, the answer is horns :smile:

The MA-5s Iā€™ve got will drive those Spendors no problem. What you get with these though is a lovely class A sound.

1 Like

No idea why you think you need a lot of power with 89db speakers. 20 watts is probably plenty.

2 Likes