eBay stuff (Part 1)

And that was just the Saturday night dinner at Scalford.
No wonder the staff got shirty.

2 Likes

How prices have gone up! I paid that for mine, but that included diaphragms and 2405s :joy:

Seems expensive for a pair w/o diaphragms

The Radian diaphragms are fine though

1 Like

Anyone know what’s the story with Audio Acoustic speakers? There’s often several pairs on ebay at any time, yet I’ve never hear of them in forums, or shows etc. Are they another Hart Audio type company?

They were/are the work of a guy called Shabir Bhatti who invested a substantial amount in getting production going some 10-12 years ago and has kept at it on & off since despite nearly being wiped out by some kind of nasty & recurring abdominal cancer. He did exhibit them at a few Heathrow shows. They used some very fancy drivers as I recall and elaborate composite cabinets. Sounded ok too certainly compared to the similar looking designs you’d frequently see in Munich which usually didn’t sound very good.

Is that the guy who often exhibited with Wavac amps - telephone number prices just for the (huge, ugly, wonky-looking) cables alone, never mind the speakers.

Must admit his systems did always sound nice.

Yes, him. The cable stuff he did was just nuts. Always seemed to have an attractive woman helping out too!

1 Like

Well the website is still up and I’m pretty sure it’s him punting some stuff onto ebay as Rick mentioned, so hopefully the poor bugger’s OK.

iirc, Roy Gregory/Hifi+ crapped-all-over his stuff in the early 00’s and really set his business back. Sad, cos it was genuinely one of very few decent-sounding systems at Heathrow each year.

Don’t know if it’s the owner, but the bloke has a few pairs for sale amongst other stuff, cables, valves etc.

1 Like

8 channel 1U amp.

Any use to the digital crossover brigade?

Looks like it’s built for a PA system.

I am sure they sound excellent, and that seems a good price.

Very lumpy response, those are 6db steps.

Oh look, my speakers play a perfect graph.?

2 Likes

Nice shade of ‘Turd Brown’ - should suit your '70s car fetish :ok_hand:

Be interested to hear 'em mind - certainly venturing into “shouldn’t work” territory…

1 Like

Seen these Bob @ICHM ?

1 Like