eBay stuff (Part 2)

I think that is @stu 's clip too. :+1:

4 Likes

I saw that and pondered chopping in my AF3 to buy it :thinking:

2 Likes

Thiefbay introduced an authentication centre for wristwatches >£1,500 a year or so ago to try to reduce fraud. It may have slightly dented the vast amount of fraud, but some people are still getting the watch-equivalent of a housebrick wrapped in sellotape returned by buyers pretending “not-as-described”. The authentication centre isn’t checking everything properly and refunding the scammers. Not content with this, the authentication centre is also doing stuff like invalidating warranties by opening casebacks or simply damaging pristine watches by mishandling them. Even with copious photographic evidence - even contra their own reports - they are often automatically rejecting claims by dissatisfied owners… Rapidly-growing thread on TZ-UK documenting this.

Long-and-short: fuck ebay and all the lying, thieving cunts that use it…

3 Likes

Quite agree. People wanting or needing to move on goods should be forced into the kind and welcoming hands of dealers and or auction houses.

Ebay is an auction house.

Fxt

1 Like

Is the guy who owned all the turntables is around …?

Precisely, like it or not it’s still the largest car boot in the sky.

Mik was at the show last weekend apparently Micky :+1:

He was an interesting bloke to talk to …I had a nice chat at Scalford about his TT passion or should that be obsession :joy:

do you mean beobloke?

if the conversation was mildly misogynistic then that was beobloke not Mik

Wonderful sounding rig.Was it really that long ago :flushed:

1 Like

Sadly yes
I should of locked my room and just pitched up in there for the day

Seems like Tefteller is fishing with this one.
The Exec cover is incredibly rare and he specializes in very very rare records (Particularly US pre war blues / jazz 78’s where he is about the top of the tree) The thing is there are probably 4-5 known copies out there of what many view as the Beatles best LP.
That said he is asking considerably more than the most expensive (Butcher cover or low no white LP has ever achieved on eBay. £20K ish) He may flush out a whale which would probably end in a private sale but I doubt at the price advertised (It would still be eye watering however).
That being said the Quarry men acetate is reportedly worth £250K so who knows.

3 Likes

Oh mint that’s swayed me then

Go £20,000 :+1:

3 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes