eBay stuff (Part 1)

That is what I thought but if it stays cheap then it’s two cases and loads of parts or rebuild as a stereo amp and free up a case.

Oh yes potentially a bargain for someone.

always fancied some of the smaller ones, not seen these before. Anyone owned/got experience of?

I really liked the 1Cs I had

Philips ag-9016 Intergrated Amp. €250 Audiomarkt

1 Like

Nice looking retro amp but poor spelling.

Missed a pair of Juniors last week on ebay, wanted them for wall mounting in the office.

No idea what the big ones are like.

I’ve never heard any Vandersteens but I have always liked the idea of trying a pair.

Just bought some amps so am skint, probably just as well. :grinning:

I’m more concerned about it being out in the snow :smile:

They’re good. Classic open baffles, nice wide and deep soundstage, bass is fast but not that deep. I’ve never owned a pair, but I’ve always liked them when I’ve heard them.

Edit: turns out they are minimal baffles, not open. They have the sock thing because they’re so fugly.

1 Like

Hitachi HMA-7500 Power Amp. €489 Audiomarkt

5 Likes

I think the drivers have enclosures and the bass uses a passive radiator on the back.

2 Likes

Yeah so I saw, I had always thought they were open. You can see why they need a bag over their head!

Even with the bag on they are no lookers.

Foam surrounds, triple check the drivers.

Interesting, one is rubber and one foam.

just sold my old phillips i had for well over 20 years , served me well and now i think its being used as to provide background music in an establishment

I’ll never understand why people put a reserve on eBay auctions. I see a reserve and I switch off. Just set an opening bid.

1 Like

Me to

I either start at a quid as I’m confident or start at a price that I’d take if someone turned up with cash

1 Like

Exactly. A reserve is a total disincentive to bid, as it removes the sense that you might get a bargain. It’s idiotic.

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve started an auction at, say £50 and had no bids. I then re-list it for 99p with a £50 reserve and it sells for something like £80. It’s a simple fact that people will happily throw a bid in when they see the magic 99p and yet will scroll past it when they see a decent amount is required for the first bid.

And why not put no reserve I hear you ask? Simple, when I think of the time I battled another bidder to win some broken speakers for £46, then restored them,listed them for 99p with no reserve and sold them for £2.26! :frowning: Ditto another turntable bought not working for £50 and sold repired for £36…

2 Likes