Energy chat

Just making voluntary additional payment into Octo, additional 300 per month, rather start now than let it build up.

It all depends on when the system went in and which rate it qualified for. You should have had a micro generation scheme certificate when you bought the place to confirm.

Rates change each year, details are here.

It should be that you get a deemed 50% export unless you specifically have an export meter.

1 Like

Taken in Fife today (not me, by a mate)

5 Likes

Holy crap, one near us is 1.79.9 for diesel last nightā€¦

I came back from a trip last night with half a tank of deisel left.
Cost me Ā£47.00 to fill up at Ā£1.60
Compared to prices in the London suburbs this seemed cheap so I thought I would fill up while I can.
Hopefully I will go back to not going anywhere much and it will last a couple of months!

1 Like

Haha!!

1 Like

This is the philosophy Iā€™m adopting. Iā€™ll need to refuel this evening because Iā€™m down to see my parents this weekend (half a tank roughly) but the prior to this, I last refuelled on Feb 19th. I can walk to a supermarket/pub/basic amenities so Iā€™ll be digging out one of my sixteen pairs of trainers and largely doing that.

I have to deliver something fragile (turntable with vintage SME3012) to someone in Newcastle. Itā€™d be at least an 800 mile round trip the cost of which seems to be rising by the hour.

As hauliers keep telling us nearly everthing we buy is delivered by road.
Expect price rises in everything,
This could lead to the worst inflation since the 70s.
Mortgage interest rates then hit 17% in 1979, and peaked at 15% in 1991
That would be catastrophic for people used to the very low rates we have now

2 Likes

Iā€™d be smug, but the public EV chargers are increasing in price, and I doubt theyā€™ll be shy about continuing that trend.

Itā€™s made our decision over how to heat our refurb / extension easier. There is no gas. I canā€™t see us putting a new oil boiler in. Heat pump it is I suspect. Powered some of the time off the solar panels. More expensive to put it but I reckon weā€™d be spending over Ā£3k a year on oil.

I just got a quote of Ā£3,750 to install an air-to-air heat/cool pump in the new extension that will be the listening room.
A second unit (same size) to do the rest of the downstairs - Ā£3,250.

1 Like

That sounds like a very good price.

1 Like

Do they cover S Wales?

Thatā€™s what I thought Gregg, particularly when you consider the size of the room (7m x 4.5m with vaulted ceiling) and itā€™s their highest spec/most quiet unit - only 19db in whisper mode.

Unfortunately not Tristan, East Anglia only.

www.wisegreenenergy.co.uk

Morrissons was Ā£1.60 earlier,no idea if this is good as it seems to be changing by the hour.

1 Like

Narelle paid 165.9p for UL today at Benson BP.

I hope it wasnā€™t left over Russian filth :unamused:

Ā£1.61 for Super Unleaded* just now which, all things considered, Iā€™ll take. It was Ā£1.50 when I bought fuel last though.

*Tesco so not good super unleaded but the carā€™s octane sensor only cares about that, not the terroir.

Might be even cheaper when they turn up to fit and measure the room correctly.

5 Likes