Energy chat

:grimacing: Yeah, including the ones for the plasma tweets…

Thought you were moving?

1 Like

Yes we are, but Octopus offered to install the smart meter foc…and credit the kws showing on our consumer unit. So, we should get some dosh back with no outlay…:ok_hand:

Yesterday was the BEST DAY EVA!!!1!!1

4 Likes

Powerwall v1.

7 Likes

Anyone recommend a midlands-based or national pest control service for pigeon proofing solar panels. The shitlers have moved in.

I think we will take the Dick Dastardly pic as read.

Are they actually perching on the panels themselves or something above them?

I imagine if you ask nicely the forum sniper, @Mrs_Maureen_OPinion, will be round in short order to hone his skills. :grinning:

5 Likes

Tbf he will probably take your chimney out too

1 Like

Most people’s long term drop in production is not down to rapidly decreasing efficiency but dirty and shat panels. See it a lot in social housing. Councils blaming it on bad installs or faulty panels when they’ve not cleaned one panel out of the 50,000 they have installed

1 Like

The little cunts already have a nest underneath. It must be 50-60C under there at peak times. Boiled eggs.

If you can get it up to a stable 65°C that’s the required temperature to cook a “perfect egg”.

2 Likes

Run a couple of wires back from your inverter.

Dunno if this is the right place to ask, but…

My.mum needs a wee hit of help choosing which tarif to move to when her fix ends in a few days.

While its currently cheaper to go on the standard tarif (price cap) than the fix they’ve offered her, I think the state of wholesale.prices means the cap becomes significantly more expensive come October, and therefore the fix is a better option over a 12 month period.

And here’s the question:

There’s also the offer of a 2 year fix, same price, with the same exit clause (150 per fuel)

Is the 2 year a better option to take, or just go for 1 year and hope the prices fall?

There are no switches worth taking, I’ve checked, so sticking where she is (Scottish Power) is the best option.

If you go with Octopus there no exit penalties afaik.

Assuming your mother has dual fuel, £300 in exit fees is taking the piss.

Octopus not an option, almost all switch options are a few hundred more expensive than staying with Scottish Power, save for the exit clause

It’s just whether the 1 or 2 year is the best idea, given the prognosis for the wholesale prices

I suspect the best idea for your mother is to move to a variable tariff until a better deal is on offer. I’m with Scottish Power and my tariff is also ending on 30/6.

The last time I looked, those fixed deals with Scottish Power will leave me worse off even taking account of the impending rise in October to the variable tariff.

1 Like

Edf now want to hike my DD by 50%/month…. Not sure moving will make much difference at the moment

The whole ‘market’ is a joke.

1 Like

Probably going to be around £3k for the average house come October, increasing by approx 60%

As a single occupant house my bill is currently under the price cap so should still be come Oct as well,

I’m probably going to be sticking with the standard tariff as the cheapest fixed I could find now is still more that it may be in Oct.

1 Like