Energy chat

Around 15 years ago I spent a good number of days working at the South Hook LNG terminal as it was under construction.

The scale of the place was and still is quite staggering really, especially when you consider the volume of LNG they hold and its expansion ratio, which from memory is around 600 to 1.

yeah, thatā€™s arguably governmentā€™s job - to protect us from the marketsā€™ worst tendenciesā€¦ thatā€™s going well tooā€¦

I consistently blow Octopusā€™ trumpet, but they are one of the few suppliers that offer a wholesale daily tracker tariff for gas. I jumped on to it last month and havenā€™t paid more than 4.8p/kWh and it has been as low as 2.8p/kWh.
My previous tariff was 7.3p/kWh

Obviously the risk is that you arenā€™t hedged in any way, but thereā€™s no lock-in period at all to the tariff. Oh, I can provide a referral code too :smiley:

Their website wont allow online switching to them - you have to phone them at the moment.

Yeah, I should have pointed that out. I had to ring them and Iā€™m an existing customer.

As we recently found out, you can still use the referral code when applying over the phone.
It gets applied manually.

Mark and I are about to enter a Referral Code war :+1:

2 Likes

I also offer octopus referral codes.
My deal includes a Ā£10 amazon voucher for you once the Ā£50 is in my account.
:partying_face:

2 Likes

And me. Every referral gets me a teensy bit closer to affording a proper milk float.

Do they do a similar tracker for electricity?

You should give your codes to the others. Iā€™ve had a couple.

EXCEPT Iā€™M GIVING AWAY FREE PUPPIES AND GOLD BARS IF YOU SIGN UP WITH ME.

2 Likes

I think they do mate, but I havenā€™t paid a lot of attention to it because of the EV tariff Iā€™m on.

?

Might just give them a call as I love puppies and gold bars.

You nearly had me there.

If only it had been gold puppies and bars we could have had a deal.

s-l500

Ah well, maybe the next offer will tempt me.

1 Like

Octopus here today to swap out both the lecky and gas for smart meters :+1:

3 Likes

Just drop a puffin billy in the hot tub and thatā€™ll soon and have it nice and toasty

More like ā€œRomania to be test site for small nuclear reactors from new US startup companyā€

3 Likes

Yay!..

2 Likes

Just wait till you get your amps setup, maybe keep it in a different room the the hifi?

2 Likes