Energy chat

Weirdly mine did something similar a week. or so ago, sorted itself out when I re-installed it. Been fine since . Firmware update ??

Octopus put us up from 5p to 10p overnight.

Good news is that it’s back to 7.5p now. Makes charging the car overnight a cheaper option again.

Which tariff are you on?

Intelligent.
2330 to 0530 cheap

1 Like

You mentioned in the other thread about the panels being on both sides of the roof.
I think this is the layout we’re going with - 8.69 kw.

3 Likes

How much of a dent wuz your constantly idling sex pond making to your daily KWh usage Jim. Is the heatpump now looking more viable now you’ve eliminated that constant drain on your daily consumption?

1 Like

Definitely get a full parallel inverter on that one (something like a Solaredge).

Be interesting to see how the max output on that compares to a standard south (ish) facing array.

2 Likes

Not sure of the exact amount because we don’t yet have a smart meter - that’s being installed next month.
I reckon the hot tub consumed roughly about 200 kW in the month before we had it decommissioned.

1 Like

I’ll would always go with east west rather than south if I was retired or both of us working from home

Blimey Jim that’s pretty horrendous for summat that wasn’t seeing any use!!

I do fully appreciate that in just moving to yer new house it took you a moment to identify t’ culprit.

That alone is double my monthly consumption. But I do use a lot of energy efficient tech & have cut out most obvious & often less obvious inefficiencies.

1 Like

Is you place a house or bungo Chris?

They’ve proposed a Huawei hybrid unit…

I’m in a two bedroom modern build flat with single person occupancy Jim.

I do have combi boiler GCH & a gas cooker aside from my leccy usage to account for too, but at least that comes down to a pittance in the warmer months.

1 Like

So Chinese intelligence will know when you have turned your hifi on.

2 Likes

They already know, he’s had the Covid jabs

6 Likes

The hole in the ozone layer directly above our house is a bit of a giveaway too :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I thought atmospheric disturbances near you generally had a different cause.

2 Likes

Today in “BBC writes a stupid article”, how do you recycle coal or gas that has been burned?

1 Like

Terrible greenhouse gas, methane.