Energy chat

That is the fun of ownership surely

Can you also have an electric heat element at the same time?

Room or water?

Water.

we havent used one in the trial (The quick answer was they didnt see the point ). i have asked the question to one of the team and hopefully i can update you

One of the next logical things for us given the Zappi installation is one of these.

do you not have a combi boiler then ? presumably a cylinder with immersion

the eddi is a nice piece of kit. more and more of these intelligient devices will pop up.

nothing should be wasted

You need more collectors!

Combi currently but the plan is it would be the last one. Ideally we want a storage option that can work with it now and then transition to air source once we are ready to put one in.

The GivEnergy kit has all this stuff built-in. Diverting for days.

Not surprised, it is an inherently sensible idea. Having got into the myenergi ecosystem for car charging it makes more sense for us to have all outputs (apart from battery as the Powerwall is a law unto itself) controlled from a single point.

Just had the quote back. Ā£9,000 for a 12 panel install, hybrid inverter and 8.2kW battery. Ā£250/m on 0% over 3 years.

Just short of being able to fit 4 more panels on, sadly :frowning:

I priced this up wholesale and it came to about Ā£7,800 so Ā£1,200 for markup and install seems good to me. Reckon Iā€™m going to go for that. Had a really good chat with the technical designer today.

Most of all, there will be graphs and spreadsheets.

6 Likes

How long will it take to pay it off, so to speak, based on your current electric bills?

Their model assumes I will make back around Ā£475/y. Thatā€™s before I start EV charging and the like.

I think thatā€™s conservative and I plan to do some shenanigans with the Octopus Agile tariff. My own estimate is at least Ā£600/y.

His own commercial recommendation was to go for the 5.2kW battery, but I want to future-proof myself.

It would be good if they think they could somehow get extra panels on once they do the proper on-site technical survey.

1 Like

Essentially the benefit will depend on how much a Tesla is on the driveway in the daytime using up any excess production. It will also help if you have energy heavy appliances like dishwashers/tumble dryers with timer funxtions so you can run them at the right time.

Oh, and moar battery = better.

2 Likes

When itā€™s sunny thereā€™s a higher-efficiency scheme for solar-powered clothes drying :grin:.

VB

Quite a lot. Even when we get back to some kind of normality, I rarely spend more than a couple of days a week on the road or in the office.

I concur.

We can do that, but thereā€™s a big attraction of solar as we have so much daytime activity. I suppose the battery mitigates some of that.

You donā€™t live in Manchester do you?

:cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :sun_behind_rain_cloud: :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :sun_behind_rain_cloud: :sun_behind_rain_cloud: :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: :cloud_with_rain:

Yup.

anyone got an electric whole house boiler?

1 Like

Also interested in this, as the place we are moving too is a shell Iā€™m thinking of just ditching gas full stop when we move in.