Existential stick or twist

I do always buy the same M&S underwear. The last ones were, however, different and less comfortable. I tutted to myself and put up with them; if they stay the same next year then I don’t know what I’m going to do.

1 Like

No foodstuffs feature in this; as you say, it’s just stuff that I use. I very much enjoy seeking out new things in a vast swathe of categories, I just can’t get excited about toothpaste so I’ve found an effective one and don’t feel the urge to change it.

Not really no.
I tend to buy the same stuff due to lazyness and for a lot of stuff the brand doesn’t matter. If I need toothpaste I buy the one on offer that week. it makes no difference and during my formative years brands were largely irrelevant so I have no historical allegiencies to clothes, trainers etc

I tend to buy the same stuff if I have no real interest in it, but when I get bored I change.
I get my groceries delivered and during lockdown I was looked after very well and got delivery slots, But once that was over and my 6 month pass expired I changed. I am now on my third supermarket in 14 months for deliveries.

1 Like

You should have seen what I used to drink.

Obvious ‘I have a girlfriend’ thread start is obvious :smile:

7 Likes

Thought he had been round the block once already, be careful of the serious/marriage stuff,

You know how it goes

Aisle
Altar
Hymn

Is this her first time dating a middle-aged man by any chance?

If it’s of any value adding to the meaninglessly-small data sample, not only am I like this (tho’ forcefully crowbar myself out of it in moments of self-awareness), but so too is Sam - albeit she is biologically female but behaviourally Alpha Male…

Notwithstanding, it seems a perfectly normal approach to utilitarian purchases - time and mental energy are precious resources, better directed in more creative ways.

Irrespective of professional qualifications - “you’re not normal and should change” is rarely - IME - behaviour conducive to a long-term residency in one’s maison d’coeur…

I’ve been using the same design of toothbrush for, well, decades I think.
Tried others but they all just felt wrong.
Then one day I went to the shops and, disaster, none in stock.
A slow dawning realisation came over me in the ensuing month as it remained out of stock.
So a few years back I went on Ebay and:-

The worst part about this is that isn’t how many I bought…It’s how many I have left. :grin:

17 Likes

Is this always the same ol’ same ol’ behaviour across the board, on all things? Do you always drive the same way to work, and back? Do you shower in the same order (e.g. shampoo and rinse hair, rinse shampoo out of ears, wash upper body, lower body, etc). Does the careless serving of food on your plate where things are spilled over each other bother you? Do you prefer vegetables on your plate to be not touching the macaroni and cheese, for example? Do you have difficulty reading non-verbal communication? If the answer to all the above is yes, then you are on the autistic spectrum, perhaps high functioning like Asperger’s syndrome.

I have that, and display most of the above, however I am not OTT (when it is my wife’s turn to cook, if she serves food mixed up on my plate I just sort of separate them nonchalantly as I begin to eat).

I suspect I also have a touch of paranoia as well as every time I find a food I really like, they stop selling it. Coffee for example. There used to be a coffee shop in the local mall that sold lots of different coffee beans (whole or ground as you like). They had one called “Guatemala Elephant” that I absolutely loved. So as soon as I got into that coffee exclusively, they went out of business and no one else can get that coffee. I used to buy a kids cereal made in Switzerland (can’t recall name) but had little biscuits like spoon-size shredded wheat (only finer grade) filled with bloody marvellous chocolate. Not chocolate powder or paste, diluted with who knows what, but fine Swiss chocolate. I would eat a bowel of this for desert after a meal … until Waitrose stopped carrying it. Nowhere to be found in my county now. Same with some really tasty organic whole chicken they used to carry, stopped that as soon as I got into it and replaced with Prince Charles’ brand of Duchy Organic chicken which (Sorry Charlie), tastes nowhere near as good. It seems to me that every program I get into on TV, every food I particularly like, whatever, they stop it as soon as I get into it (see, I told you I was paranoid).

So, what I do is a routine. Wake up when I feel like it, go down stairs and make a cafetière of second choice coffee, take it to the TV den and turn on the news. Plug in my iPad then iPhone (in that order), so when they are both fully charged, coffee finished, go to the loo, wash up and make breakfast. A leisurely morning every day (being retired is great). After breakfast, shower with same ol’ Head and Shoulders, hair and beard first, wash out ears, upper body, lower body, I believe drying off is in same order each time as well. Get dressed, work on book or listen to music in my study till dinner time.

1 Like

Steve, we need to talk.

5 Likes

Q: Are you on a hifi forum?
A: This isn’t a HiFi Form
Diagnosis: Pedantic smart arse with obsessive compulsive disorder.

5 Likes

I got up to 24 jars of Alta rica Nescafé during lockdown when I noticed I had to many.

2 Likes

I need more chord polo shirts.
Poxy covid,should be bagging more next weekend

3 Likes

Or I am that.

Seems normal to me.

Probably a bad sign.

4 Likes

Think we need a spectrum test on the landing page.

Anyone with no form of ocd can fuck right off.

5 Likes

They do

Back or front wedgie? :grimacing:

1 Like

Only way to get clean is from head to toe. No point in doing it another way. I do have actual OCD though.

Buying brands I don’t care about as I often find that I really enjoy finding something new. Phones for example, different each time.

Recently got a pair of Sketchers which were a favourite pair of trainers when younger. Still really comfortable and maybe I should’ve bought more of these over the years!

1 Like

The only thing that triggers me is other people’s wierd OCD :rofl: