w61Ba1676922382

1 Like

Grim.

1 Like

My actual world.

1 Like

Is it Rudolf Hucker? :thinking:

2 Likes

Or Scotch Brian has an eye for a bargain…

7 Likes

Great idea. I’m gonna get @coco to do mine, he can haul the Labs out of the basement for Claire :rofl:

1 Like

Leaving my Tannoy and stationary collection to @stu with his back fully buggered lumping this lot he can take solace in a fine selection of Chinese branded Biros

4 Likes

Sounds like a good deal (have you checked she’ll be OK with this ?).

Is he a lead in pet food?

4 Likes

…this special SATA cable works its audiophile optimization magic by simply being plugged into the motherboard. It doesn’t need to be plugged into a SATA SSD/HDD on the other end to optimize your system, however if you do so you will benefit from “double the effect.”

Love it …

2 Likes

Wonder if it is still at least half as good just by being in the same room as the computer :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Could be a quarter as good left in the manufacturers warehouse.
We are all getting the benefit for free!

Christ

Meh. WAY too few zeros on the end of that price tag for it to be credible.

3 Likes

Claimed to be the “best computer Hi-Fi cable ever built.”

You won’t find one better.

Or worse.

2 Likes

I kinda love and admire these people that drop-hold of a load of daft crap, slap it together and then ask telephone-numbers for it. Invariably they sell some, too.

A few years ago, when I was still selling mains filters, I wanted to offer a power cable that would actually, genuinely remove noise from the mains feed. I spent ages researching what might, or might-not, work.
I happened to stumble-upon quiet-room cables, i.e. cabling for very high security or high-sensitivity installations within secure sites, where (e.g.) you might be at risk of your data being ‘tapped’ by interested parties with extremely sophisticated listening gear. Even without using powerline data transmission, this is possible, so (e.g.) embassies like to cable-up their data centres with some fairly interesting cables. They’re not even prohibitively expensive, they’re fully CE compatible, and (it turned out) I wasn’t the first person to think of using them.
They audibly improve things too - no foo needed, the effect is slight, but worthwhile.

I sourced some really nice foo plugs - Rhodium plated, not because shiny=better, but because Rhodium won’t tarnish like plain brass or silver plating, and is a fair bit harder than gold. Thanks to a forum member here I had 100 plugs pad-printed with Wychwood logo.
I worked out how to make a nice safe low-impedance connection between the outer screen and Earth that would also reduce noise coupling back. Then I found some nice Braid, had some heatshrink printed, found some nice metal-bodied ferrites to jazz it up - the end product looked great, it was expensive and time-consuming to make, but it worked and was a satisfying thing to own.

But I just couldn’t do it…

To make any economic sense, I needed to sell them for at least £400 a pop - lots of money for what most people are happy to use the Chinesium black feebies for, plus I knew it had been done previously, and it didn’t quite sit right.
So I shitcanned the whole idea. I just couldn’t do what other people were doing - even though other people are charging £4,000 (or £40,000) for shit that doesn’t even have any actual technical benefits…

And there they still are - nailing woo ‘crystals’ to sink pipes and giveaway-grade data cables, while the Cupboard of Shame bulges with unused plugs, cables, &c, &c

sigh

9 Likes

Going to invest in some used ones, still got plenty of powers left in them

1 Like