Facebook

Sure we could add hire a petrol bomber or a couple of nice insurance fraud options too

1 Like
1 Like

About 6 months ago I manually deleted every FB posts and like Iā€™d ever made, well over 10 yrs worth of crap. Very strange and rather eerie at times reading some of the historical stuff Iā€™d forgotten about. My account is now empty and more recently disabled, Iā€™m unsure about deleting totally as I find their messenger system useful occasionally.
I dare say all the information is still available backed up somewhere, i can live with that, it was inane drivel.
But I dont want to be associated with the company and its platform.

Ha! I could have written this myself- exactly what I did, and exactly why I havenā€™t deleted it.

1 Like

I must do a gdpr request just to be a pain

2 Likes

I deleted my account today - Not a large user but in the history they had used info from my mobile to track where I have been in the last six months -Pretty sure there were errors though, as I cannot remember going to Carterton. I must have forgotten to disable some default.

How many gdpr requests would it take to make them fold? :stuck_out_tongue:

Bugger ! I was going to defriend you :smiley:

2 Likes

The bands i am in use facebook to promote ourselves. I also put my own business on there but canā€™t be arsed to ever look at it. Why did i bother?

For the same reason we all did, because everyone else wss doing it and told us we should too because it was great.

Love Facebook, its helped massively with my armchair stalking and fapfodder.

2 Likes

I spend half an hour a day on this shit, I see the reasons for it and approve of them, but the wankers I deal with piss me off. The thing they signed up to says we will never share your data or use it for anything other than the purpose for which you signed up for. I then get an email asking what third parties their data is shared with and what purposes is it used for?
I reply and then get an email asking me to confirm what I have confirmed.
i confirm that and then get a Right to Be Forgotten request.

Just email asking us to delete you in the first place you fucking time wasting moron!

You need a hobby :wink:

2 Likes

Half an hour?

Account deleted. Takes a month for them actually to close it down though.

3 Likes

10 Likes

I have zero regrets. Facebook has become a monster.

1 Like

I hope the people that run it arenā€™t prepared for the fickleness thatā€™s surely coming.

I have thought about it myself as itā€™s generally a total waste of time and space just like this place :grin:

3 Likes

Just binned mine off, thanks for the reminder. :+1:

2 Likes