Faringdon Bake Off - 26th/27/28th Nov

After Lopwell, it reminded me its been far too long since I hosted something, and now we have a detached house and actually space to host, I really should sort something out.

We have two spare bedrooms, a third on the sofa bed in the living room and space for a 4th if you have a camp bed in the 4th bedroom. There is now a Travelodge around a 10min walk away as well as a couple of places in town.
We do have the ‘Sun Room’ which is insulated, double glazing and laminate floor as added accomodation if you have a thermarest/sleeping bag. As well as space for multiple tents in the garden.

Space for say up to 8-10 or so, maybe more if we make use of the the large ‘Sun Room’ 24ft by 13ft room (pre-renovations) that could be used for a big system although the room has no heating…

No idea what the system will be, currently without some main speakers (TBC) although I have a range of amps (Denon PMA-2000IVR, Bryston B60R and Decware Zen), will be a couple of turntables and CDP/Streaming. Could even house a third system and more people if we used the office/downstairs spare room with something like my Frugelhorn speakers.
For the speakers, I do have two long term projects but I doubt either will be properly under way let alone finished before this.

Wanting to get this booked in before we start the building work in the new year, a free weekend of the 26th/27th/28th November before the Christmas events looks doable.

Any interest?

Edit -
That was quick, running list:

Terry
Graeme
Mick (Bed)
Greg
John
Jim (Bed)
Graham (Day Release)
Dave (Bed)
Rob (Bed)
Micky

4 Likes

Yes please Rob

1 Like

Count me in Rob.

1 Like

I’d be very interested please.

1 Like

Sounds like a possibility. Yes for now.

1 Like

Yes please Rob

1 Like

Please Rob. An overnight stay would be great too :pray:

1 Like

Also, there is the shed to sleep in, its insulated…

I’ll sleep anywhere :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :joy:

1 Like

Hi, if I’m about that weekend I’ll drop round for an afternoon, so please put me on the definitely maybe day visitor list.

1 Like

Yes please Rob, overnight preferred

1 Like

Please Rob, I’d like to try and get to this.

1 Like

I’ve added Friday as I don’t work Fridays, Viv works from home but people would be welcome from mid-afternoon if it helps with avoiding traffic.

3 Likes

If there is room can I come ?

2 Likes

On the list :+1:

1 Like

Some can longer make it, space for another one or two if anyone is interested. No space staying over (unless you don’t mind an un-heated extension room).

Free house Friday to the Sunday morning :+1:

It’s still my wife birthday and our anniversary. My balls are of sentimental value at least

2 Likes

So a maybe then?

4 Likes

Sorry, I am going to have to bow out.

No worries Greg :slightly_smiling_face: