Field Coil cartridges

Very nice.

nice GIF

1 Like

yes, there were apparently a small batch of AN(UK) Gold ones made. I had it verified by the factory as I’s not seen or heard on one like this before…

Is yours an ANUK or AN J Io Ltd?

I’ve seen an Silver AN J before but not an AN (UK)?

Might be worth getting the arm required to run the FC cable is it’s going to be a daily runner. I’ve always felt the external cable can / might mess with bias

1 Like

Very early ANUK - rebuilt by them.

1 Like

Yes, the AN arm 2/2 was / is only a temporary one, a good arm but the weak link in the setup now!

I have an much better(?) nicer arm on order, being(?) made with internal wiring for the FC, which was supposed to arrive before I got the cartridge, but the maker has been ill, so I’m at a bit of a loss as to what to do, as its now a 75%+ longer lead time than expected now… i.e. I’ve been waiting for 18months…

Any chance of a picture or two?

Are you running a Battery PSU?

Already posted earlier in the thread

1 Like

Yes, I just checked… sorry.

What about of the cartridge - if not being too ‘geeky’… :nerd_face:

Sounds bad, did you pay upfront?

Fortunately, no.

I suppose with the Io playing, a new SUT to try and also PSU to develop into a more user friendly, let alone WAF compliant, then I’m in no massive hurry.

It’s an Arm I’ve always wanted, and built by the maker himself, not under license, so I’ll see.

But I have started to think and look at alternatives.

Tough call really, if you think he will come through and it’s what you want. Is the arm particularly suited to the IO?

I wouldn’t say its specific to the Io Ltd, but he’s build a good number of arms to cater for Io Ltds, specific Cartridge plates, internal wiring for the FC Wires, heavier CW’s, from the various arms of his range and its a beautiful arm and will go well on the Voyd Ref.

Another arm I’m considering, (i know of a couple for sale) is the Acoustical Systems* Aquilar - but I have real doubts about mounting this on the Voyd more than it handling an Io Ltd - the other issue would be having one with 6 wires?

• I love their Headshell, which I know you have.
1 Like

I have one of those with an Io Gold. It is a lovely arm, but the arm comes pre-wired so you would need to get that modified

1 Like

Yes, one of my issues with going for this arm.

What TT do you have it mounted on? Any Pictures?

Because of the small armboard on the Voyd I’d worry that the portion of the arm where it pivots from would / could hit the top of the deck when / if it moves too much, as I think this portion would overhand the armboard.

if you get what I’m saying.

8 Likes

How is it different to the Kuzma in terms of presentation?

Better bass, more refined, upgrade all round really, which it should be on relative price, but the Kuzma served me very well and was a great purchase. There is not one part of the system that was not upgraded around the Kuzma and it wasn’t found wanting.
The fact that it was the last thing made me start looking, I was looking at Voyds etc even bought a Thorens but then Dave’s sale came along!
The turn table is not that well known but it is superbly made.
derives from an engineering firm rather than a hifi lineage

2 Likes

Yes I recall the story of Clarity. I think they were doing some OEM work for Systemdek (their expensive model) amongst others.

I’d have liked to try that arm too!