Films that you've seen on acid

Except caving and other pursuits have nothing to do with watching films. Apologies for stating the obvious.

post nap deletion

1 Like

Apologies I thought it was about acid experiences. To which I’ve always found as dark as possible an environment produces the best visuals.

Acid diminishes all ego until it wears off and then it’s “I done this and I did that.” :laughing:

2 Likes

'Tis why I stopped and went straight onto Smack :+1:

The ego always rebuilds this is the problem for people looking for enlightenment through chemicals.

1 Like

Never saw a film on acid,but did go to the laserium at the planetarium on it.

They were doing building work and we managed to creep into Madame Tussaud’s afterwards. Don’t think I’ve ever laughed so much

2 Likes

Madame Tussaud’s haha :joy: I bet that was brilliant.

1 Like

Fuck, I forgot about the planetarium on acid… Flashback :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1::+1::grin::grin:

1 Like

I went with a bunch of mates to The Planetarium after ingesting a rather large dose of mushrooms. I didn’t get there… :scream:

2 Likes

Probably ended up shitting in a gutter somewhere :upside_down_face:

Reminds me of a friend that did an accidental mucky protest in his parents en-suite while having a crap on a couple of micro dots.

1 Like

Many (usually coming down). Jan Svankmajer’s Alice is one that stands out in my memory.

Never done any drugs, or many films, for that matter.

Thinking about it, I’m a boring fucker.

2 Likes

It’s not big, or clever. :woozy_face:

Inserts embarrassed emoji, if I could find the fucking thing

Not exactly the same, but related… I went to the cinema on mushrooms to see:

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - lovely… all the wavy treetops scenes… just wow.
Spirited Away - I rest my case.
Event Horizon - not the wisest decision I ever made. Probably did permanent damage. Actually with hindsight I definitely did permanent damage. But Christ it was atmospheric and beautiful.

In all cases I found there’s an initial period when the mushrooms are taking effect, when you get a bit panicky and think what the actual fuck am I doing in a frigging cinema on mushrooms… and then the film starts and you forget how weird it is, and enter a multi-levelled cinematic experience, where your subconscious paints all these extra levels to the thing, it becomes a metaphor for the whole of creation, whilst simultaneously remaining itself, but a thousand times more intense. You have to ride it, but it’s so worth it. But stay away from Event Horizon at all costs.

5 Likes

My days of the mad stuff are long gone, but I really wouldn’t fancy watching Free Solo on a head full of shrooms or a blotter or two

Aw for me too, barring the very-occasional revisit, in rare circumstances. But it’s nice to remember the crazy shit one did and (largely) got away with.

1 Like

It’s remembering how we got away with so much that, on looking back, scares the crap out of me.
But I was young and indestructible then :grin:

1 Like