First car choices - ideas?

I’m slightly jealous of your having the VTR version. Although I was surprised to read it has no more power than my relatively bog standard version.

1 Like

:slight_smile: As far as I can tell from my huge amount of research on the subject (not), there appears to be next to no difference that matters to us.

It does have air con, luxury!

I did see one with white go faster stripes over the roof and bonnet, and I wanted us to have that one, but Donna said it was stupid and we would look stupid, looking back she was probably right :grin:.

2 Likes

Not a first car choice by any means but I was in a Jag XF yesterday and was very impressed by the cooled seats. On a hot day that was luxury!

4 Likes

My Mondeo’s got those. Nice.

VB

so has my Macan

How long have you had the Porsche for?

1 Like

That’s just the type of car you need for a nice trip to the Wye Valley.

1 Like

I’ve always explained away my slightly soiled undies in the wash basket as being the result of bum-melt in a car.

I’d be fresh out of excuses if I had chilled seats

Who is that with Mark?

The provisional is with Sainsbury’s which gets cancelled off when she passes and a pro rata refund issued for the remaining months.

The main insurance is with More Than, on the black box service.

There are a couple of random providers that do cheaper provisional insurance but they have some very naughty cancellation terms. I’d rather pay a bit more and have reasonable t&cs.

1 Like

We are with Admiral and first quote for my daughter at 3k pa was £1300. Adding Erica and me as named drivers and upping mileage to 6k pa dropped this by half.

Didn’t have a black box but she was aged 20.

First mistake. Prime lying incompetent idiots.

Always been ok with us. Wife’s car was written off recently and they paid out more than I expected with no fuss at all. The other driver who was at fault was also with Admiral.

We weren’t possh, were we?

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/uploads/cars/reliant/2306574.jpgh,

Though ours was in the even worserer slime green. We had an Anglia too, for back and and fro 'twixt Essex and Northumberland.

https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/O48AAOSwAOdbPOf6/s-l225.webp

Why does upping mileage help?

:roll_eyes:

I always thought the lower the mileage the better but it seems with new drivers if this is too low they are seen to be a higher risk, guess it’s due to lack of driving practice.

Putting parents on as named drivers makes a huge difference.

ah thanks , yes i am surprised at this but i would very much like my son to have a carwhen he passes his test but the insurance is a big concern