Flat speaker cable, that doesn’t cost the earth 😏

I need to send speaker cable (preferably) the full length of the room (5m) under the fitted carpet. To avoid clearly unacceptable ‘ridges’ I need the cable to be as flat as possible. So far I can only find fancy stuff like Nordost and Tellerium, anyone know of any sensibly priced non-foo decent flat profile cable?

DIY Townshend cable?

This

3 Likes

That is a disappointingly sensible answer Gregg :grinning:

Think I’ll stick with using van damme, and install like this along the edge of the gripper, means I’ll need longer cables but hey…

Wireworld Horizon speaker cable £78.75 for 5.0m.

3 Likes

Do we all remember that thread?

6 Likes

You could cut a narrow slot in the underlay anywhere you like, assuming you’re going to lift the carpet.

VB

I think neotech used to do a rectangular cable. I used to see it on eBay. Neotech are foo without the price tag.

1 Like

This is all very nice, but what does it have to do with bakewell tarts or horology?

3 Likes

I’ve got a flat set that Sodders made up for me. Think it’s Van de Hull, but I cannot be arsed to check.

Paging @Mrs_Maureen_OPinion

Commitment or bust.

2 Likes

Jesus Christ on a bicycle. Or on foot, for that matter :flushed:

Supra’s imaginatively-named “Flat” - I’ve got half a drum of it, so can be had at 2013 prices - £3.75/m. Can terminate about a million different ways. PM if intredasted.

9 Likes

I assume that the denomination is in error. The price is in ¥ right?

Ironic that it would be sat under carpet that probably cost £15 a metre

1 Like

Going to do some carpet lifting tonight (…) and will be in touch

1 Like

This is the true audiophile way, expensive shit treated with casual off hand deployment.

2 Likes

I’ve always had a soft-spot for the DNM flat cables, because pretty colours and shit.

1 Like

Yeah … flat cable will look better than the figure-of-eight stuff but he’ll still have to explain away the bumps caused by the lifters.

VB

5 Likes