Football

Probably replacement for Hazard when he goes to Madrid.

1 Like

Love this :joy:

4 Likes

They’ve got that gallows humours off to a tee. I can relate to that.

1 Like

Suddenly, the cash pile Arsenal have been sitting on is looking less valuable since every quality player will be going for £60m+

1 Like

On the other side of the fence

3 Likes

This would be the best signing Liverpool could make this window

(Henderson > West Ham would be ideal too )

Haha, that’s so awful it’s good.

His decison to run his contract down and then start bartering for a big signing on fee and massive wages is a bit shit, and like with Alexis Sanchez is that the kind of player you want in the dressing room? Presuambly Keita was bougt as a ready made, and hopefully better, repalcement.

I expect we could offer him as much as Juve are likely to. It’s if Real, Barca or PSG come for him that we will be fucked.

Accrington Stanley

Interesting times for Henderson because that game showed that Oxlade-Chamberlain can play in the midfield and those three are the most mobile and dynamic we have. Can rarely gets knocked off the ball now and is much happier carrying it forward than Henderson.

I actually think Henderson is a good player who is low on confidence. I’ve seen him make amazing defence splitting passes but too often takes the soft option. Whether he thinks the crowd will get on his back or something I don’t know, but he’s getting more stick for not trying it. Stuck with the weight of expectation being the captain after Gerrard, perhaps.

1 Like

I was of the impression the you hadnt yet made him a decent - relative to his talent - offer (source: AA)

I’m less than excited by the prospect of Utd getting Sanchez. There are better ways that money could be spent. I hope Chelsea get him.

Why’s that Guy? Is it his attitude/potential for needle with Mourihno, or where he fits in?

Apart from his age I think he’d be amazing for United.

£400k a week though

1 Like

More where he fits in. He’s not that quick nor that big. He gives the ball away a lot. He’s something of a primadonna aswell so not sure he’d do a lot for team unity. for a while I thought he embodied everything that was good about Bielsa’s Chile side but I’m not sure he really did.

1 Like

It looks a bit complicated but possibly:

Sanchez -> Utd
Mkhitaryan -> Dortmund
Abameyang -> Arsenal

?

Anyway, here’s a good article about money…

I’d rather they tried to get Kroos to come. There must be a few unhappy types in Real’s dressing room at the moment. They’re saying Ronaldo wants to come back but I think his best days are gone.

1 Like

Yep, I mean Ronaldo is amazingly fit, but he’s not a robot. Perhaps there are some parallels to be drawn with Giggs, whose goals dried up somewhat as he played on into his later years.

If Bale could get over his injury, he would be a much better option.

Ronaldo would be awful for team unity. Imagine the biggest ego on the planet with his powers on the wane, and throw in Mourinho for lolz.

Giggs found other ways to be useful, ie being selfless. I’m not sure Ronaldo could bring himself to working for some greater cause. He still wants to be the cause.

1 Like

Yep, precisely.

:pray:

1 Like