Forum Funding

Bunged a few quid in.

1 Like

dropped some

1 Like

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TWAVBTNK8JKES

up the thread. considering it’s one of the main global payment systems, it really is a bit shit.

1 Like

Thanks

How do I check the status, do you know where the recurring payment is? I set it up for £5 per month ages ago but can’t see anything for it in my account activity.

I do the same for radio paradise and I get emails from them monthly to say that has been received but that doesn’t show in my activity either.

Fucking hate paypal.

PM with the email you are using and I can look it up I think.

As for Patreon, it’s a lot more than PayPal, at least another 5% on top of what PayPal are charging.

Again, this is just to explain, but actually a single annual payment means a lower percentage gets paid than multiple smaller payments (assuming you are unable to send as a donation).

I can just set up a standing order direct into your bank account if you want. PM me.

1 Like

Me too, if it helps.

Saves on PP fees.

Me too please Jon

I was able to send payment as friends and family, would that still be charged a commission?

No, that should come through with the full amount for me if it’s marked as a donation. Whether people are able to do that seems quite hit and miss with Paypal.

1 Like

Ok, PMs sent to everyone who has asked up to this point.

And just to re-iterate how grateful I am to everyone for their contributions. This place is a massive sanity lifeline, and much as I would love to be in the position, I cannot float the money myself, so these contributions are huge in their impact.

14 Likes

Ok, cancelled both PayPal recurring payments, combined them and added a little bit.

Now set up as a standing order, payable monthly, starting tomorrow.

1 Like

My guess is that payments are not happening.
I get a confirmation email every month from paypal on my recurring payment

Yes, I do too.

Mine is still going through PayPal on 24 th. Happy to switch to bank transfer if you prefer.

Think mines still working but happy to DD

1 Like

ditto, just let me know the bank details for DD

1 Like

Same here. Happy to ditch PP if that helps with the coffers