Also chucked some in.
Bunged a few quid into the meter.
Some 50ps put in the meter
Do our hosts have anyway to see what caused the excess usage?
Do you have the capability to see if a particular IP address is the cause?
Anything we can do to help prevent a recurrence?
I’m still trying to dig through info. The core site hosting (Digital Ocean) is fine, it’s the AWS bucket that we use for both backups and the image storage that’s gone weird. Haven’t had chance until quite late this evening to look at it properly, and tbh I’m not sure my brain is quite there right now! It feels like something doesn’t add up though.
TIP…
Go to listening area / kitchen / workshop / garage… Observe detritus you’ve not fucked with for over 18 months because: porn hub / Spotify / Glue / pizza / coffee / shoes. Contemplate the chances of ever actually doing anything with noted detritus - Offer it in the Toot Bazarr - Voila! you have just freed yourself from detritus and actually contributed to something other than: porn hub / Spotify / Glue / pizza / coffee / shoes - You’ll get to feel all fuzzy as you prove to yourself and the world you are a right thinking man.
![]()
I sincerely hope you’re not backing this garbage up.
We’ll have none of that professionalism nonsense around here, thank you very much.
Small sum sent. Sorry, all I had were these worthless British pounds.
VB
Meter handle given another little twist
I’ve just put enough in to cover a few of the high res photos I’ll be posting later.
See here for the deal of a lifetime and the opportunity to help pay a fair chunk of the bill.
Just done that - £30 now on way to the forum for a Seiko watch I had forgotten about.
Some more coins for the meter.
Ok, things have stabilised with the AWS hosting. Looking at the last month’s coming and goings, we’re currently about £15 light each month. If anyone can up a recurring payment by a quid or two, that would help a lot.
I’m trying to find out how to increase the monthly Paypal donation, so far no luck. Does anyone know how?
If not then I’ll bung in a bit as a lump sum.
I tried a while back, ended up just setting up another seperate top up payment.
Just done a bit of reading on this, and it appears you have to cancel the current payment, and create a new one.
I’ve just set up an additional monthly payment to top up the existing one. It seems to be the easiest way to do it.
Brass sent.