FR-64 vs FR-64s vs FR-64fx

Resonances i’m guessing.
My ears are to shagged to know though.

too

2 Likes

Which to?

To many too mention.

You’ll stop looking after you find a Breuer - but the Brinkmann arm, which is on my Bardo, is also very nice

Nice, last time I heard a Breuer it was on an LP 12, sounded excellent. Is the Brinkmann a copy of the Breuer? They look very similar.

Nice arm, I assume the fruit box is part of the arrangement to protect it from damage during transport.

5 Likes

Fruit box, Breuer, Red Sig is a bit of a classic from back in the day and I don’t feel like tearing it down just for the arm. The Bardo is my main spinner and the arm is - how you say - competitive with the Breuer.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I rate graphite headshells highly, seems to do something well resonance wise, I also have an Orsonic here.

Does it have a heavily cushioned and padded finger lift?

1 Like

What are they like in terms of nipping-up the cartridge bolts? Seems a pretty fragile material in that context.

No problems whatsoever in that regard, it’s pretty dense much like your average audiophile.

5 Likes

@Ruprecht how are you finding that groovemaster arm, is it high enough mass to run an Io?

Does the IO really need a heavy arm ?

I assumed it would need one as although I haven’t seen any specific details it seems to be a very low compliance cart.

No it doesn’t

1 Like

I have an Io 1 on the Stogi arm that came with my Kuzma Stabi TT.
It works very well and I wouldn’t call it a heavy arm.

1 Like

The Groovemaster has a higher eff mass than a FR64fx

22g over 20g

1 Like

Before discovering what a truly unscruplous cunch-of-bunts ANUK are, I used an Io1 on the briefly-fashionable newish-model ANUK Arm 2, which is not a conspicuously heavy piece of kit, and it sounded great to me. Hard to see how or why you would engineer such a low-output cart with low compliance as well.

1 Like