FR64s opinion

I’m using the 3g brass nuts with Koetsu/SME4, easy to try albeit pricey @ £13.99.

I use a Kuzma Stogi S-12, which is a damped unipivot. Cartridge is a Rosewood Sig. Could try a few grams more on one end I suppose.

I had one in te 80’s - really well thought of, was regarded and favoured by Albarry - used mine with an ortofon spu but it worked well with anything. Fab arm - think mine was a 12" but can’t remember sold it for £60 in 1990- ho ho ho

The 12" FR66 fetches £3-4000 these days.

and the rest, last one I saw sold in the UK for £5,500

1 Like

I bottled out in the end with the one off the wam, he was insisting on bank transfer to Denmark and I wasn’t comfortable sending to a relative unknown.
We complain about PayPal, but 4% would have given me financial comeback.

12" PU7 instead, not all bad, and FR’s aren’t so rare, maybe next time.

Blooooody hell! Mine was a 12" - was on a Thorens 124 MK2 with an spu with it’s own piggyback transformer. Sold the SPU to Len The Cartridge Man for £60.

OK make me feel really really good about my carefree business sense!

At least you didn’t break the SPU with your woolly jumper so you have £60 more than the Arran sweater brigade.

(He’s probably on holiday so @J_B won’t mind me mentioning this just to cheer you up)

1 Like

We could have a thread on “stuff you have sold that has subsequently been shown to be worth 20x the amount a few years later”. It’ll be full of regret and not make anyone happy.

1 Like

This is a good idea, may I be President/Chairman?

And that alone should make it a thing.

2 Likes

It is, it’s called marriage

1 Like

Embrace it while you can.

5 Likes

sorry dude, said without thinking.

1 Like

No, I’m sorry, I’m waaay too touchy atm…

You’re a cunt at the best of times but that’s understandable.

1 Like

Add to it the joyful sub categories of: ‘shit I should have bought’ ‘Shit I left behind’ ‘Shit I didn’t know at the time’ to correctly season the wounds.

Title options:

• Bad fortune is my constant companion

• Why must I cry?

• Maison Clanger.

• Nearly Right

• I woke up one mornin’

Shit I dumped that is now worth more than *
*its replacement
*my current hifi
*the equity in my house
*my total net worth

2 Likes