FS: Wilson Benesch Arcs

Agreed, but best to get it out there.

1 Like

I had a pair of WB Orators, floor standing and an older model that had the downward facing port, they worked well in a very small room.

2 Likes

I’ve demoed them and they were most enjoyable with rock / EDM. From what I can see, a lot of the negative rep that WB speakers get is almost entirely about poor partnering equipment at shows than issues with the speakers themselves. Heard the big brother’s to these at Munich on the end of Viva and it was sublime.

2 Likes

Didn’t @PapaLazarou have a pair of something like these? I think that they do what they do really well - they’re punchy and fun. They’re rhythm over natural tone, perhaps?

I think you’ll find that they are actually a (relatively) cheap fix of shiny.

1 Like

He did, forget what he had them with at first, but they sounded grim until he got the Karan integrated, then they sounded pretty damn minty.

1 Like

which reminds me: buy muh shit

1 Like

Bel canto?

1 Like

Oh yeah - bought it from that mad fantasist that claimed to be a part-time racing driver and cage-fighter… iirc it was that that pretty much cured @PapaLazarou of hifi altogether: so much so he now listens to {koff! spit!} Naim!

How the Mighty are fallen!

2 Likes

Wash your mouth out.

1 Like

Black Ravoli 🤌

2 Likes

I’d forgotten that shit.

Tried to pretend he’d invented them.

I cut some up to his intense irritation, iirc they were made from some kind of heavyweight ballistic material, as you’d use in bulletproof vests.

Zany times…

I knew he invented the one inch punch and the Wankel engine but I hadn’t realised he invented them. :raised_hands:

4 Likes

We. Are. Not. Worthy.

1 Like

Price drop to £500

Please don’t make me deal with the mentals on eBay :cry:

1 Like

Crikey, that’s cheap. I’m tempted to get them for the boy for when he goes to university, but it’s four years away and I don’t really like him that much.

6 Likes

Then just buy him one

2 Likes

Stick 'em on Fink Pish or even the PseudoWam.

Yep, they’ll be snapped up very quickly on either.

Owt’s better than stinkin’ thiefbay.

1 Like