G.O.A.T

Discuss….

Who are Nickleback?

2 Likes

4565474e320b6e0631b0a822e425232c--chad-kroeger-a-rock

2 Likes

Mason Nicklewho? :grin::+1:

3 Likes

I rarely listen to the lyrics. Unless they’re dire and distract me from the music

download

I have heard of Nickelback but I couldn’t tell you the name of any song by them.
On the other hand I have 15 Rolling Stones albums. :grinning:

2 Likes

All depends on who or what I’m listening to. If it’s Dylan or Cohen then the lyrics are the most important part. If it’s Radiohead, the vocal is almost instrumental so I don’t really give two fucks about what he’s singing, it’s part of the melody.

If it’s Dylan he could be singing anything ‘mumble mumble mumble’ :rofl:

(Must be Santa is my fave Xmas song though)

1 Like

If you merged both those lyrics and their music you would inadvertently create a prog super group album

Nickleback could spend 10 years in a studio and never record anything 1/10th as good as Let It Bleed
Nickleback FFS :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

You want ban? Because that’s how you get ban

1 Like

Amateurs. G.O.A.T. is obviously this monster

I’m on the ass

Encapsulates the hopes and fears of a generation really.

Techno techno techno techno! :+1:

No Limit by 2 Unlimited, in case you were wondering.

3 Likes

That’s almost Shakespearean compared to the Des’ree classic, Life.

I’m afraid of the dark
'Specially when I’m in a park
And there’s no one else around
Ooh, I get the shivers
I don’t want to see a ghost
It’s a sight that I fear most
I’d rather have a piece of toast
And watch the evening news

1 Like

This lyric was brought to you by the letters Ctrl+C Ctrl+V

Opinion:

It’s very hard to successfully set great poetry to music. Great poets never try.

Occasional musicians succeed to some extent - ‘The Wraiths’ did a fine job on some middle-tier poets - for my tastes ('cos this is infinitely subjective).

Conversely, great musicians are (IME) never great poets - the most successful synthesist for my subjective tastes is Bill Hamper / Billy Childish.

The pleasure receptors are similar, but they’re not in the same place. To try - and fail - is to achieve Peak Cringe.